THIS is Why You Never Leave the House NOT on Point!!!

NYLegalNewbie

Today was a rainy, humid day, so I decided to "dork it up." Comfy, but cute fiting pants, hair pulled back, glasses on, minimal make up, flats, cute (but plain) top and simple jewelry. I stop on my way home to CVS. When I walk in, no one is line, but of course as soon as I come to the register, there's like 50-11 people there. So, I make a comment about it out loud to the guy in front of me, who cracks up and we start chatting.

Dude turns around...

And he is GORGEOUS!!!! And I don't mean everyday average fine...I mean freakin' Gabriel Aubrey fine!

I wanted to DIE! What made it worse was that dude really seemed to be enjoying chatting with me...heck I think I even may have missed a signal he was joking about just walking out of the store with his mouthwash, and I was like "Nah. You shouldn't do that you should know better. This is coming from a lawyer - don't do it." Him: "Oh, so what you're saying is that I should get your contact information so I can call you when I need you, huh?" Me: "Oh no, I'm a commercial attorney."

He pays up at the cashier while he's chatting with me, flashes a big smile my way and says goodnight.

I. am. a. dumb. arse. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Never again! My butt better be cute everyday I walk outta that damn door!

But hey...at least I'm living proof of how you can meet guys when you least expect it if you're open to it :lachen::lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen: Girl please!! While you're sitting up here thinking you look average, he probably thought you looked great!! ( Men think totally different than women lol) Besides I'd say fate will have you meet each other again, If its meant to be something more than just a convo :yep:
I've met men on my worst days looking like the Crypt Keeper :lachen:

Last edited:
OMG I just had that happen too! I tossed on a sweaty shirt and pants from yesterday to go to the doctors office expecting it to be an old dude - nope! It was a young guy around my age. xD When he walked in I was like, "Darnit!"

Of course, it always happens when you (or in my case I) look like crap. I guess guys really don't care for you to be dressed to the nines with your makeup on instead they want to see you in your "natural" state. :perplexed:perplexed

No lie. I went out one day in...whatever you call those pants that come with a matching hood. But I didn't even have on the matching hood, I had on a colored-T and a patterned hooded sweater..whatever, just bummy! I had about 7 pin curls with the good day hair pins holding them in place. Absolutely no make-up, just clear lip balm. I had to run out real quick and the men in the store were ogling me like I was Halle. When I walked out the store the man who checked out before me turned around to ask me "Are you a star or something?" I cracked up, and he was like "aw, don't laugh at me now." He was dead serious.

Seriously, men have a very different idea than women for what deems a woman attractive. VERY. Even from your own idea. What you think is your best look is probably not to them.

I think your description of not looking on point sounds pretty good to me :look:. Your outfit sounds a lot better than what I would have put on and I'm talking about sweats and a t-shirt :ohwell:. I'm bummed that you didn't get his contact information.

Today was a rainy, humid day, so I decided to "dork it up." Comfy, but cute fiting pants, hair pulled back, glasses on, minimal make up, flats, cute (but plain) top and simple jewelry.

Chile I woulda been whatever lawyer he needed from what you described. But yeah looking on point or as close to it is always great, may run into an ex bf or something and you dont want to look rough. On the other hand like other posters wrote, sometimes men dont care all that much if you're not dolled up.

Aw, that situation has nothing to do with how you look, but everything about your self confidence.

Don't let your appearance determine your attitude.

Always let your personality be on point, that's what matters most.

The ugliest chick in a room is the one who feels she looks ugly, not necessarily the least attractive looking one.

All men see is your body anyhow, they don't care about your outfit.

Nah. You shouldn't do that you should know better. This is coming from a lawyer - don't do it." Him: "Oh, so what you're saying is that I should get your contact information so I can call you when I need you, huh?" Me: "Oh no, I'm a commercial attorney."

ok...what am i missin....why didn't you give him ur contact info? he didn't care about whatchu had on..

pls tell me u gave him ur card:ohwell:.

You need to patrol that CVS until he returns. You may have missed out on a good one. :ohwell: Lesson to be learnt here - Be prepared at all times, and not in the looks dept. be prepared to give you the number when you least expect it.

ITA with JerseyGirl. To me that's the essence of the story. "Oh no I'm a commercial attorney...but I know some people so here is my info anyway." Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

But you never know he might live close by so be prepared.

If he wanted her number he should have just asked her for it. I think he was just flirting with her because he seems to be those charming smiley type of guy. I think what she did was the best way to go. She kept her cool even though she was like dag he's fine!! lol

Maybe we meet men when we are dressed casually because they are a bit intimidated to approach a woman who is all dolled up. They can see the contours of your body shape just as well in either case, but you don't look as likely to shoot a guy down if you are dressed more casually. Just a theory. I wish there were some guys in here to ask!

Basically, he did ask for her number in sly way. I think she had a delayed reaction, it's happened to me before :ohwell:.

Nah. You shouldn't do that you should know better. This is coming from a lawyer - don't do it." Him: "Oh, so what you're saying is that I should get your contact information so I can call you when I need you, huh?" Me: "Oh no, I'm a commercial attorney."

ok...what am i missin....why didn't you give him ur contact info? he didn't care about whatchu had on..

pls tell me u gave him ur card:ohwell:.

He gave her an opening and she turned it down flat

where do you live OP so I can kick your butt. Gah!

Sounded like he asked her for her number. The way I see it OP if you had been dressed differently and feeling all fly and sexy, you would have had a flirty, witty comeback AND given him your number ... and he would have called you!

We need to feel like the ish no matter what we are wearing lol. You just never know...

Today was a rainy, humid day, so I decided to "dork it up." Comfy, but cute fiting pants, hair pulled back, glasses on, minimal make up, flats, cute (but plain) top and simple jewelry. I stop on my way home to CVS. When I walk in, no one is line, but of course as soon as I come to the register, there's like 50-11 people there. So, I make a comment about it out loud to the guy in front of me, who cracks up and we start chatting.

Dude turns around...

And he is GORGEOUS!!!! And I don't mean everyday average fine...I mean freakin' Gabriel Aubrey fine!

I wanted to DIE! What made it worse was that dude really seemed to be enjoying chatting with me...heck I think I even may have missed a signal he was joking about just walking out of the store with his mouthwash, and I was like "Nah. You shouldn't do that you should know better. This is coming from a lawyer - don't do it." Him: "Oh, so what you're saying is that I should get your contact information so I can call you when I need you, huh?" Me: "Oh no, I'm a commercial attorney."

He pays up at the cashier while he's chatting with me, flashes a big smile my way and says goodnight.

But hey...at least I'm living proof of how you can meet guys when you least expect it if you're open to it :lachen::lachen::lachen:
sounds like he was trying to get the digits

Dude turns around...

NO! It wasn't your look. It sounds like he thought you were cute! I think it was your answer about being a commercial atty. If you would have said, "maybe you should" with a coy smile....he would have gone ahead and asked for it! Did he take you by surprise when he made the comment about your contact info?

Dude turns around...

I'm mad you didn't give him your cell at least. ohhhh you get the Hakim fistshake for that one

al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg

That sounds like a nice casual look, you weren't trying to hard and you still had some swagger, that's irresistible to men. What you missed about 3-4 signals, flirting and contact info exchange has to be 2nd nature like you don't even have to think about it.
bolded: he was asking for your number, and asking if you liked him enough that he should even be bothered trying. He sent all the signals, you did then turned on the cold water it had nothing to do with your look. To be blunt: this is where you screwed up :lol:
I hope you meet him again, and this time don't screw it up j/k :lol: don't try too hard, and don't play too hard to get either, just play it cool

Last edited:
All men see is your body anyhow, they don't care about your outfit.

Yep, yep, yep. :yep:

Most men don't care if you're wearing a unfancy bag and last season's shoes when you're running everyday errands. If you can look decent and fresh faced with minimal makeup, simple and easy hairstyle, simple but neat and clean clothes and if you're body is on point and you're easy to talk to, that's all you need.

Dude turns around...

LOL! Yes, he was trying to get your number, girl:lol: But you were playing this video in your head of how he was sooooo handsome and you were so bummy looking in your low key outfit that you didn't even get it until it was too late. :spinning:

You need to patrol that CVS until he returns. You may have missed out on a good one. :ohwell: Lesson to be learnt here - Be prepared at all times, and not in the looks dept. be prepared to give you the number when you least expect it.

LOLLLLLL! Y'all remind me of my NY days and what me and my single girlfriends used to do. Lemme get out of this thread before my memories kill me. :lachen:

Yep, yep, yep. :yep:

Most men don't care if you're wearing a unfancy bag and last season's shoes when you're running everyday errands. If you can look decent and fresh faced with minimal makeup, simple and easy hairstyle, simple but neat and clean clothes and if you're body is on point and you're easy to talk to, that's all you need.
They do care if you clean and groomed but it doesn't have to be dressed to the nines just to get some toothpaste or do laundry. But if it's to a formal even or clubbing, dinner etc... You need to BRING IT ON FIEEEEEEERRRCE!!!

fahsion tips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mwvHI0iJYg&feature=related

Last edited:
i'd like to think that I still look nice even if I don't glam it up everytime I leave the house. If a guy can appreciate my beauty in my casual look then his loss... I'm kinda low key anyhow

They do care if you clean and groomed but it doesn't have to be dressed to the nines just to get some toothpaste or do laundry. But if it's to a formal even or clubbing, dinner etc... You need to BRING IT ON FIEEEEEEERRRCE!!!

fahsion tips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mwvHI0iJYg&feature=related

LOL! If some of y'all saw how i go "out" in NYC i would get the most severe side-eye's...

I go out to bars, lounges/clubs/fancy rooftops in casual clothes :look:. I'm talking tight jeans, fitted T-shirts, flat shoes or flat knee length boots, no make-up, twists everywhere, and simple stud earrings...and i get play up the whazoo. My best friend and i have a running joke that when we go out bummy we get more play than the girls in the prom dresses, lol.

Back