This is the Straw Set i am trying to achieve

KinksnCurlz

Do you think it's possible that my hair will look 'full' like Nia's does? My hair is still in layers so I hope so. I LOVE how the little curls give her hair height and volume. What do you guys think...can this b me this wkend?

50398919.jpg

I have a bonnet and i'd sleep with my hands underneath my chin or my head sideways so that the top of my hair is hanging off the bed.
A straw set is a set down with actual drinking straws.

Caramelhonee I think you want some curly hair from all your post
smile.gif
...but I believe you can achieve this with a straw set. I believe your hair is really long so with the right person styling it should be real bushy. I get my hair like this by braid setting and whirling it around in a ball. I have some pictures I will post them all when someone tells me how to do it.
blush.gif
Girl Nia Long is my Twin we could be sisters the people on my job call me Nia....
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Yea, i really want my hair curly. I LOVE curly styles
smile.gif

when i had my last straw set done (too big flexirods
frown.gif
) I didn't like the outcome. I found a place that actually USES straws so my curls will b smaller - like i want them. I also want them to have volume so that my curls r not just 'hanging down' but out and all around, ya know?

open an account, fotki i think is free; picturetrail is free for 30-60 days. Download your pics onto your computer and when then upload them to your fotki account.

Caramelhonee is your hair in layers or is it just all one length. When your hair is layered and you get curly styles they turn out like how you described curls be everywhere and they are all well defined. But the longer your hair is the more the curls drop. I got my hair layered once and did the braid set and man it was nice...I think modelchick gets or had her hair layered I think I read this from her picture sites... that's why her curls are so beautiful. But the straw set might do it for you tell them to use the really small straws. I can't wait to post my pictures. But hopes this works for you
grin.gif

My shortest layer is a tad bit shorter then my shoulders, then i have 2 more layers below that. i hated how my curls dropped but i was more upset by the size of the curls. TOO DANG BIG
frown.gif

My braid-outs look like this. I make smaller braids than most that I've seen here and leave the last inch of my hair unbraided (coated w/mango butter) and roll on a small perm rod. I think b/c the waves and crimps are smaller and somewhat tighter they look like a natural curl/wave pattern.

[ QUOTE ]
sillygurl18 said:
And of course you could get it like that I think yours would be even better
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, hers looks a little frizzy to me...
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I have a bonnet and i'd sleep with my hands underneath my chin or my head sideways so that the top of my hair is hanging off the bed.
A straw set is a set down with actual drinking straws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh okay.. uh.. what is a set down? lol sorry.. but I'm totally clueless..
ohwell.gif

I love Nia's look. I know you could do it and I am sure it will look good. Make sure we see the pics! Does your hair take a really long time to dry?

WOW you spend that long on your hair?
shocked.gif
wow.. I spend like a half hour..40 minutes tops.. my hair short now... but even when it was long it was 45 minutes tops..

I love straw sets, I sported them thru the majority of my pregnancy. My hair was just as full, if not more so than Nia's in that picture, so I know this look is achievable. The only thing I would warn you of is that it takes at least 3.5 hours for me to have this set done....and that's when I go to the stylist to have it done, I'd never be ambitious enough to try this by myself. Drying is another issue...

dont you have too much hair for this style? im thinking more like a roller or rod set...how you gonna get all that hair in straws?

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
OH HELL NO!!! i will not b trying this myself... this is how long it took the last stylist
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOOOOOOOOOOH.. lol boy is my mind on vacation or what today..LOL
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
dont you have too much hair for this style? im thinking more like a roller or rod set...how you gonna get all that hair in straws?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. when i first got it done, they did it on flexirods. I think the chick didn't want to take the time and use the straws b/c as soon as she saw me she said 'ur hair is so thick' and got those damn rods out...
laugh.gif

Also, i had my hair rollerset like this (shirley temple curls) when i was in H.S. and i hate STC now
mad.gif

i also have spiral rollers... HATED IT!

Back