This is my regimen...

*Michelle*

I've received a lot of pm's about my reggie...so here it is.Thank you to those that asked...feels like a compliment!:D

Three days before I texlax I shampoo with Redken cleansing cream and use Deep Fuel from the Extreme line.

Day of I texlax with Mizani or Motions w/oil. I shake, vigoursly, then mix one bottle of keratin oil (pictured next) in the relaxer.
IMG_3406.jpg
IMG_3407.jpg

I begin application, using a tint brush and no extra smoothing. I have it in and out in 6 mins (I just reduced it, I usually do it in 8 mins...since I am considering going natural).

After I rinse, for what feels like a lifetime, but is really about 7 mins. I apply Redken UV recovery treat for 10 mins no bag/no heat. I proceed to shampoo with Phormula 7, three times.

I then condition with Graham Webb Silk Thermacore for 10 mins. (pictured next)
IMG_3408.jpg
IMG_3409.jpg

After you mix it, it will expand and look like this:
IMG_3411.jpg

Here is a close up of my wet hair, when all is said and done:
IMG_3402.jpg

Style as desired...

On the regular I use Redkens Extreme/Smooth Down lines, Mizani and Graham Webb. I use Redken Heat Glide and Keracare oil and Silken seal liquid sheen. When I go swimming I use Redken UV Rescue Protective Oil leave-in smoother.

Every six weeks I add keratin oil to my conditioner of choice. Hmmm, I think that is it...if not I know y'all will let me know :p

THanks for the reggie...your hair looks wonderful...I'm so curious about the Ghram Webb Silk treatment...is it protein or a deep conditioner?

:lick: That looks Yummmmyyyy!!! Thanks for posting your regimen;)
Where do you get Keratin oil?

Back to copy & paste:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Your hair is beautiful and oh so shiny. Me likey!

Where do you buy your Mizani relaxer, the keratin oil, and Graham Webb products?

Also, do you have color in your hair? It is so pretty!

TIA

Very interesting and different from anything I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing. Your hair is gorgeous!:Flahsssss

CMW45: Graham Webb Silk Treatment is a mild protein...mostly a deep moisturizer. For me it has a great balance. ;)

HoneyDew: I use no heat/low heat (hooded dryer) most of the time...I air dry in a bun, braid out (usually ends up in a pony right away with a braid out...I feel like my hair is flyin' all over the place). A large portion of the time I will do a dry set on air dried hair. I have FINALLY incorporated wet sets, however I will only be doing them twice a month...I just don't want to spend three hours or more on my hair (at least not regularly). When I do wet sets I use Mizani's setting lotion and ProSilks silk serum Quite honestly, I do flat iron every other weekend, but only after air drying or hood drying if I don't have time.

LaFlaca: I get Keratin Oil at a local bss that caters to hair that is not highly textured. It contains Liquid Keratin (that penetrates the hair shaft and restructures the surface) and contains Jojoba, Avocado and Sunflower oils.

Coco32: I do use Colorshines. I get the Mizani from an old connection. :eek: I buy the Keratin Oil and Graham Webb from a local bss...I **think** Ulta may carry GW...and they keep telling me they are going to "Start" carrying Wella Keratin Oil (we'll see, its been out a long time...LOL!)

Lavendar: Yes, it is different...huh?! I had been using GW for quite awhile, but quit (for about 9 mos) because I couldn't find it. My hair thanks me for finding it again.

Thank you ladies!

Pixel Lady said:
I've received a lot of pm's about my reggie...so here it is.Thank you to those that asked...feels like a compliment!:D

Three days before I texlax I shampoo with Redken cleansing cream and use Deep Fuel from the Extreme line.

Day of I texlax with Mizani or Motions w/oil. I shake, vigoursly, then mix one bottle of keratin oil (pictured next) in the relaxer.
IMG_3406.jpg
IMG_3407.jpg

I begin application, using a tint brush and no extra smoothing. I have it in and out in 6 mins (I just reduced it, I usually do it in 8 mins...since I am considering going natural).

After I rinse, for what feels like a lifetime, but is really about 7 mins. I apply Redken UV recovery treat for 10 mins no bag/no heat. I proceed to shampoo with Phormula 7, three times.

I then condition with Graham Webb Silk Thermacore for 10 mins. (pictured next)
IMG_3408.jpg
IMG_3409.jpg

After you mix it, it will expand and look like this:
IMG_3411.jpg

Here is a close up of my wet hair, when all is said and done:
IMG_3402.jpg

Style as desired...

On the regular I use Redkens Extreme/Smooth Down lines, Mizani and Graham Webb. I use Redken Heat Glide and Keracare oil and Silken seal liquid sheen. When I go swimming I use Redken UV Rescue Protective Oil leave-in smoother.

Every six weeks I add keratin oil to my conditioner of choice. Hmmm, I think that is it...if not I know y'all will let me know :p

I couldn't even finish reading your post as soon as I saw the keratin oil. I wanted to know where did you get that?:lol: Okay, back to finish readin your post:)

ETA: Okay, I finished reading your post and first of all I want to say, lovely hair. That's an awesome regimen and thanks for sharing. I have to find me some of that keratin oil.

Thanks again for sharing,

Last edited:
tsmith said:
I couldn't even finish reading your post as soon as I saw the keratin oil. I wanted to know where did you get that?:lol: Okay, back to finish readin your post:)

ETA: Okay, I finished reading your post and first of all I want to say, lovely hair. That's an awesome regimen and thanks for sharing. I have to find me some of that keratin oil.

Thanks again for sharing,

You're welcome!

Yes, DO find some keratin oil...you can also use it straight and mix with conditioners (depending on what your hair needs at the time). I use it straight before I flat iron.

So do you use the entire Mizani line as well, or just certain products (like Thermasmooth) mixed in w/the Redken stuff? I mean for regular wash days.

TIA :D

Your hair is so shiny and healthy-gorgeous! You do a great job with your hair--your texlax looks likes it comes out perfectly.

Just curious to know if there are any other added ingredients in the Keratin oil apart from the jojoba, avocado and sunflower oils.

I only use natural products and would be interested in trying this as I have been looking for a product with keratin to try

Thanks in advance

Thanks for sharing! Your hair is breathtaking:love:!! Anyhow, why do you use keratin oil in your relaxer versus say olive oil or any other generic oil? Does it strengthen and moisturize while you relax?

tocthesunrise said:
I looked all weekend for the Keratin Oil at my local BSS. Anyone know where I can find it on line???

TIA

Same here. I called serveral local BSS and no one seems to carry it.:(

I am currently searching online and have had no luck so far.

Thank you so much Pixel Lady, when I saw your post I came as fast as I could because you're one of my biggest inspirations in this forum. I JUST LUUUVVVVE YOUR HAIR.

Last edited:
Afrolinda said:
Thank you so much Pixel Lady, when I saw your post I came as fast as I could because you're one of my biggest inspirations in this forum. I JUST LUUUVVVVE YOUR HAIR.

Wow, thanks girl! I better be on my P's and Q's then, huh!!??

:eek: :eek: All that luscious hair on hour head!! Lovely, just lovely ;)

:notworthy: Thanks so much!!!

Wanted to know how you keep your hair looking so fabulous.

I am natural now but I am thinking about getting my hair texlaxed. :perplexed :look: Someone suggested perhaps henna would straighten my hair so I may try it to see before I make my final decision in January.

XXXtacy said:
:notworthy: Thanks so much!!!

Wanted to know how you keep your hair looking so fabulous.

I am natural now but I am thinking about getting my hair texlaxed. :perplexed :look: Someone suggested perhaps henna would straighten my hair so I may try it to see before I make my final decision in January.

AWWW, thanks girl! I'm thinking of going natural. I've been wanting to find two products before I tried it, though. One that would lay my edges down AND not look greasy, AND not leave residue, AND not get crunchy and the other that would give me a VERY sleek flat iron, now that I have found both I might do it. Last time I texlaxed for only five mins. Previously it was about 10...I'm talking from start to finish and never more frequently than every three months...we'll see.

This is NOT an official announcement.

tishee said:
wow, this has got to be the BEST find of the day for me. Thanks SO SO much Pixel Lady!

AWWW, thanks Tishee! I'm curious, what part did you like, was it a particular product, technique...spill the beans LOL!

Pixel Lady said:
AWWW, thanks Tishee! I'm curious, what part did you like, was it a particular product, technique...spill the beans LOL!

the keratin oil & silk repair. I purchased Joico products from trade secrets 3 weeks ago and saw the silk repair packet. I asked the SA for her opinion of it and she stated it was a great product....so naturally that got me to thinking. At the time, I had my DH and DS with me and they were really ready to go. I plan on going back to purchase it this weekend.

Last edited:
Back