This is my first time with a sew in, so...

WomanlyCharm

how do you ladies who have them keep your braided hair under it from breaking?
I'm really paranoid about that. :perplexed

I had a track put in to make my hair look thicker in the back (again, breakage issues).
Last night I washed, DCed, then used my own version of s-curl and soaked the braided part in jojoba/JBCO...is that enough, or should I be doing more?

TIA!

I spray in between with sulphur 8 braid spray and then rub my mtg mix on top of that. I also wash at least once a week, and deep condition.

i use braid spray and infusium 23 daily(crown and glory technique) wash and deep condition once a week also. treat your hair underneath as you would if you didn't have a weave. enjoy!!!:) i have pics of my new weave in my fotki.

I wonder if you have tracks but only in the back section of your hair for length will the front and top sections break off, and is it possible that the back or track area will break off also if you never give the weave a break?

A part of me wants to try out a partial weave for color but I am scared. I never had a weave b4.

As long as you keep your hair moisturized, it will be fine. Treat your hair as you would when it's out. Wash it, condition it, etc.

sassyhair said:
I spray in between with sulphur 8 braid spray and then rub my mtg mix on top of that. I also wash at least once a week, and deep condition.

sassyhair do you mind telling me exactly how you do this?

thanks in advance,
tishee

bmoreflyygirl said:
As long as you keep your hair moisturized, it will be fine. Treat your hair as you would when it's out. Wash it, condition it, etc.
I WANT YOUR DOG:lol: :lol: :) SO CUTE

bmoreflyygirl said:

i would , but i want to get a straight weave and my hair is natural. so after washing it i would want to flat iron, i can do all of this and still keep my weave in tact?, or mayb i should jus get it for like 3 weeks and not wash my hair for those 3 weeks,.... i wonder if i could put one in myself???

I apply the conditioner to my hair that is left out like I would a relaxer except I go all the way to the ends. Then I slap some on the weave and run my fingers in between the rows and deep conditioner as usual.

baby42 said:
I WANT YOUR DOG:lol: :lol: :) SO CUTE

Aww thanks! Tishee, you DC just as you would your own hair. I used to DC every time I washed my weave with an ORS pak. Once a week. The conditioner will get down into your hair.

Qetesh- I get all of your hair covered so you won't have to worry about flat ironing the front of it. If you're good at flat ironing your hair, then go for it. I haven't tried to do it myself yet. I just got it straightened for the first time yesterday at the salon. But yes, with washing it will stay intact. Just don't be too rough with your braids and it'll be fine. I do it all the time. I usually leave my weave it for about 6 weeks. And that's only bc I'm tired of the style and want it out. It still looks good at 6. And yes you can do it yourself as long as you can cornrow. There's plenty of info on how to do it on this board. I did my own weaves all the time before I BCED. Now my hair is too short for me to grip it myself, but when it gets longer I'll go back to doing it myself. I would just cornrow it straight back and sew the tracks across.

Back