This can't be NORMAL!!!

ChocolateKisses

Is it normal for your scalp to be randomly sore (kinda like its been in braids or sumthin)? I'm sitting here on the couch at three weeks post relaxer with my hair completely out and different parts of my hair are sore... :ohwell: What could this possibly mean? I don't wear tight hairstyles at all.

I have it happen when a pimple is developing. Sometimes I get a bump on my scalp that makes it sore.

No i haven't wrapped my hair in about a week... But sometimes my hair is sore from a wrap also.

This is what I thought might have been the cause. I have the same problem from wrapping so I've given it up. I can't imagine what else might be causing your sore scalp.

This has been happening to me too!

Maybe it's rapid hair growth. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. :ohwell:

I wrap my hair everynight but I don't think that's it. I don't even touch my scalp with the comb. I comb VERY lightly.

I have to pay attention to how long it happens after I get my hair washed. Maybe the Dominicans are scrubbing my scalp too roughly. I dunno.

It's probably hair growth.

I always get aches on my scalp when my hair is growing. I would feel that throbbing and then a week later notice a bump of hair. I think this was when my hair is growing really fast, it happens like every 2-3 months so, sometimes once a month. I know when I get those aches I get like an inch in a month, its pretty crazy. I always thought it was funny how sometimes I would "need" another perm after 2 weeks because I had an entire 1/2 in (stretched) of NG come in.

If you don't have a scalp condition, and you aren't in braids or doing any extra tight wrapping or heavy manipulation, I would wait around and see if you notice a lot of new hair coming in in the near future.

It's probably hair growth.

I always get aches on my scalp when my hair is growing. I would feel that throbbing and then a week later notice a bump of hair. I think this was when my hair is growing really fast, it happens like every 2-3 months so, sometimes once a month. I know when I get those aches I get like an inch in a month, its pretty crazy. I always thought it was funny how sometimes I would "need" another perm after 2 weeks because I had an entire 1/2 in (stretched) of NG come in.

If you don't have a scalp condition, and you aren't in braids or doing any extra tight wrapping or heavy manipulation, I would wait around and see if you notice a lot of new hair coming in in the near future.

Well I hope the reason is rapid growth.. If that's the case, I want my WHOLE head to be SORE! :lachen:

Thanks for the responses ladies!

It happens to me too sometimes. I dunno what the cause is, but my hair seems to be doing fine so it's not something I worry about.

Back