Thinning Out Hair---Please Help...((PICS))

CurlyNiquee

My aunt is 59 years old and has noticed in the last few years her hair is thinning out pretty bad, mainly in the front and sides. The back appears to be okay as far as thickness. Her hair type is around 3a, fine to medium strands.

Does anyone know of any natural products (or other) that will stimulate growth, stop thinning etc?

She let some lady put interlock braids in her hair and it made the thinning worse and now she is at a loss of what to do. Before getting the braids she would put phony ponytails in her hair, but I told her that it was probably making the situation worse by pulling on her hair.

Thanks for any information (Oils, products, shampoos, conditioners, techniques.. etc.) you ladies can provide!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hi and Welcome! :welcome2:

Do you know what your aunt is currently using on hair? How often she washes? Dc's?

Is se on any meds that could cause thinning?

Do you know what your aunt is currently using on hair? How often she washes? Dc's?

Is se on any meds that could cause thinning?

She washes every time she gets hair her done...every 2 weeks or so. She is not into hair care practices really and doesn't dc or have a regi. No meds that would cause hair thinning.

Sorry to hear about your Aunts hair issues. I would recommend that she stop all chemicals ie relaxers and permanent hair coloring. I hear the Nioxin line is good for thinning hair. They have the line at Ulta (shampoo, con etc). The hair vitamins are at amazon. I have read good reviews here and at BHM for these products. Possible down fall maybe that one has to continue to use the products.
Also, please find out what the beautician is doing to her hair every 2 weeks. Its not helping but seems to be hurting the condition.
HTH

Back