Thinning hairline: Putting products to the test

webby

Think Slim
Ok...so I'm back from NYC and I'm now ready to officially take on my thinning hairline.

Funny thing is that even with my thinning hair line, I STILL had to sit under the darned dryer for TWO AND A HALF HOURS :eek: :eek: :eek:

So, here's the arsenal:

ORS - Temple Balm
Una Oxygenating Treatment (water based), which I purchased from my regular stylist.
Nioxin
Nexxus Viatress
Roots (The indian mixture that helps with dandruss, split-ends and hair loss)
Essential Oil Mixture - Rosemary, Lavendar, Wheatgerm in Grapeseed oil.

I have never had a thinning hair problem and hair is still quite thick, so I'll be curious to see what results, if any I get.

I took pics today, hope to get them posted soon. I'm going to keep a photo-journal...so, we'll see if ANY of these products can get my hairline back in working condition, cause I was so frustrated that I almost went Sinead O'Connor yesterday, hmmmmmf :angry2:

I may do some mixing (ORS with Vitaress)

Webby,

Definitely keep us posted! I was looking at the ORS serum and balm today, but put it down. My hair and nape lines need a little, er, encouragement.

For the most part, do you plan on using them individually for a period of time for comparison purposes?

classimami713 said:
Webby,

Definitely keep us posted! I was looking at the ORS serum and balm today, but put it down. My hair and nape lines need a little, er, encouragement.

For the most part, do you plan on using them individually for a period of time for comparison purposes?
I have been using Vitress and Nioxin for about a month with no outstanding results. I will use the products invidually, for a month, documenting what I use and when I use it, but I may also mix a couple of products before the month is out.

I noticed thinning about a year ago, so I'm trying to be as proactive as possible.

Also OT: I'll be taking back the Matrix fortifying Shampoo that I bought from the white stylist. It has a great lather, but left my hair too stiff and tangles.

Yes, keep posted girl! I'll be looking out for your feedback.....
this seems to be a prevalent problem for many of us...:(

My ish wasn't that thick to begin with...but after that tight behind braid job...
I'm traumatized...never again will I let my hairline be braided....

Thinning hairline and bald spot was my problem when I first joined the board.
Nioxin Follicle Booster and Profectiv Anti thinning creme got my hairline growing back I saw results in two weeks with the follicle booster.
I found out my culprit was relaxing my hairline when it grew back in bad mistake and I had to start all over again.
I got better results using ORS uplifting poo than the nioxin poo which is more expensive.
I tried ORS Temple balm,Nexxus Biotin Creme and Surge.

Last edited:
Good luck with your products Webby. I worked really hard to get my hair line back and I am sooooo thankful that it has grown and hopefully will continue to grow back.

The Nexxus biotin creme is good but would often leave white residue in my hair. I went to work like that and happened to look closely in the mirror and it looked like I had dandruff (very embarassing).

i've been using the pomada de azufre for abotu two weeks. i just washed last night, and just now finished blow-drying. i think, but i'm not absolutely sure, that its working on my hairline. wheni went to dry the front of my hair, i was shocked because i notice the hair in the front looked like it had been broken off or something. then i realized that it must be new hair growing in because when i blow-dried it 2 weeks ago, it was definitely more sparse. keep your fingers crossed. hopefully, i'll be able to tell for sure in a few weeks.

In the past, I have used the ORS temple balm (not the liquid) and it works pretty good. Lately, I have been using Nexxus Biotin Creme, which I really like. I use it on my hairline and kitchen area, and it has been working. I also use a rosemary, lavender with jojoba oil mix on my scalp.

lkg4healthyhair said:
Good luck with your products Webby. I worked really hard to get my hair line back and I am sooooo thankful that it has grown and hopefully will continue to grow back.

The Nexxus biotin creme is good but would often leave white residue in my hair. I went to work like that and happened to look closely in the mirror and it looked like I had dandruff (very embarassing).
It definitely DOES! I noticed that too, which is why I try to use it with my oil mixture, to prevent buildup and residue.

Week 1
6/27/05 - Used Nexxus Vitatress Biotin creme this morning.
Vitatress with Biotin this evening. Massaged in really, really well, but gently.

Last edited:
I having the same problem with my hairline.Right now I'm using Dr.Miracle's Temple& Nape Growth Balm, I'm using it with Hope.

Week 1 (Day 2)
6/28/05 - Used Nexxus Vitatress Biotin creme with Nioxin this morning.
Used Vitatress Biotin creme with Nioxin and rosemary/lavendar mixture this evening.

Last edited:
I was going to post pics, but they didn't come out clearly. The flash washed out the details of the images. I'll see if I can get DH to take some pics for me to post.

lkg4healthyhair said:

This happened to me too, so I started putting a little oil with it and it stopped happening. I never use Viatress alone no. Plus I use it every other day.

Week 1 (Day 3)
6/29/05 - Nioxin only this morning.
Used Nioxin, my oil mixture and a few drops of Una.

Last edited:
webby said:
Ok...so I'm back from NYC and I'm now ready to officially take on my thinning hairline.

Funny thing is that even with my thinning hair line, I STILL had to sit under the darned dryer for TWO AND A HALF HOURS :eek: :eek: :eek:

So, here's the arsenal:

ORS - Temple Balm
Una Oxygenating Treatment (water based), which I purchased from my regular stylist.
Nioxin
Nexxus Viatress
Roots (The indian mixture that helps with dandruss, split-ends and hair loss)
Essential Oil Mixture - Rosemary, Lavendar, Wheatgerm in Grapeseed oil.

I have never had a thinning hair problem and hair is still quite thick, so I'll be curious to see what results, if any I get.

I took pics today, hope to get them posted soon. I'm going to keep a photo-journal...so, we'll see if ANY of these products can get my hairline back in working condition, cause I was so frustrated that I almost went Sinead O'Connor yesterday, hmmmmmf :angry2:

I may do some mixing (ORS with Vitaress)

Webby
I am with you on this one. My temples have thin out. I am not very happy with this at all. I'll get this products just as soon as i get to Ohio and get settled.

andreab said:
Webby
I am with you on this one. My temples have thin out. I am not very happy with this at all. I'll get this products just as soon as i get to Ohio and get settled.
Is that your baby in your avatar? (what a cutie :) ) If so, he/she may be the cause of the thinning hairline. That's what caused mine to thin. I never, EVER had a problem until after my son was born.

Interestingly, I think that I am finally starting to see sprouts in one area. I don't want to rejoice just yet...just keeping my eyes open, ya know.

Week 2

I finally started using ORS this weekend and I must say that it's the least messy, leaves the least amount of buildup and is not greasy, as I expected.

I think that I'm finally seeing sprouts in one trouble area.

Monday 07/05/05

ORS in the morning.
ORS and Nioxin in the evening.

Last edited:
Back