THINNING HAIR HELP

Sassygoddess

OKAY, i have a problem and i need suggestion, so please any ideas are welcomed.

The hair on my right side is ALOT thinner that the left side. i just got a relaxer on saturday and the right side is real limp. this side has always been thinner but since my hair is growing it's becoming more noticable.

I use Dudleys Hair Rebuilder after each relaxer retouch to keep my hair strong and now my hair(especially the ends) doesn't have that weak,thin,fragile texture that it used to have right after relaxers.
Jamaican black castor oil rubbed into the thinning areas of the scalp helps to thicken the hair

Sassygoddess said:
OKAY, i have a problem and i need suggestion, so please any ideas are welcomed.

The hair on my right side is ALOT thinner that the left side. i just got a relaxer on saturday and the right side is real limp. this side has always been thinner but since my hair is growing it's becoming more noticable.

There could be many reasons why one side is thinner than another. Sometimes simply sleeping more on one side can cause it to thin out. Also wrapping the hair, for some, tends to cause one side to thin. Do you apply your relaxer to your hair in the same sequence every time? If you apply your relaxer to the same section first each time-- that section tends to thin out over time. The early sections process the longest. In your future relaxer applications, try starting with a different section and alternate with subsequent touch ups.

You can try wearing styles that do not put tension on the thinner areas. Styles like braidouts, twistouts, and other "free movement" styles are great for this. Reduce the heat in your regimen if possible. You might also consider massaging your scalp twice a day in these thinner areas. For an added benefit, you can massage those places with essential oils that will stimulate your scalp like peppermint and rosemary. The oils will improve circulation to your scalp in those areas. Adding these stimulating oils to your shampoo or conditioner may help you as well.:D

Thanks ladies,

Will regular pure castor oil work. I also have Almond oil and eucalypus, will that work to stimulate the scalp?

Sassygoddess said:
Thanks ladies,

Will regular pure castor oil work. I also have Almond oil and eucalypus, will that work to stimulate the scalp?

I don't have any experience with castor oil . . . . . .yet.:lol: Go for essential oils that give you a tingle. Rosemary... peppermint...

Are you guys familiar with that product sold by Organic root that's supposed to help regrow or rebuild thining hair?
It's in a brown box sold with the olive oil stuff?

Rosemary, eucalyptus , peppermint and tea tree should help and use only a few drops (15-20) of the oils i mentioned in dilute in 4-6 oz of sweet almond oil and massage into your problem area. Now for thickness use castor oil as a pre-poo treatment under the dryer for 30 mins prior to shampooing weekly. Hope this helps.

One of the earlier threads regarding castor oil said that the regular castor oil didn't seem to help even after two months of use
I use the Jamaican Black castor oil and I saw an immediate difference in my hair especially the hairline which is my thinnest area :)
I don't know much about the regular castor oil but I do agree with the other ladies essential oils like peppermint are good :D
as long as the oils
that you use stimulate the scalp they should help

I've read other threads about thinning hair. The most popular suggestions are using Surge and MTG, or castor oil and Vitamin E.

I have fine hair and my hair is thicker since I started doing pre hot oil treatment with Jamican Black Castor oil with a plastic cap for 20 min with heat.
I use surge and Mtg after shampooing and deep conditioning my hair.

I already see that I am going to be spending a ton of money this weekend on hair stuff.
I need to get a hood dryer if I am going to be able to do all these treatments every weekend.
My temple areas are starting to thin out, as well as my right side, because I toss and turn in my sleep and my scarf comes off, and I sleep on my right side. So my right side is thinning out terribly.

Sassygoddess said:
i also want to know where to get the jamaican castor oil and what brand everyone is using.

Do an internet search for "Jamaican Black Castor Oil". It should give you a few places to get if from.

LABETT said:
I have fine hair and my hair is thicker since I started doing pre hot oil treatment with Jamican Black Castor oil with a plastic cap for 20 min with heat.
I use surge and Mtg after shampooing and deep conditioning my hair.

Do you do the hot oil treatment on dry hair?

Back