Thinning hair at back

Chiba_revolution

Hi I had short thick hair at the back of my head and due to two inches of growth needed to be relaxed. However my mum relaxed the previous growth as well and now my hair is so fine at the back it looks like I have a bald spot....will the hair ever go back to being think again?
p.s I want to cut heat out of my regimin and now been using a hooded dryer for 2 weeks for weekly rollersetting and mid week co wash is it safe for my hair to use a hooded dryer twice in 1 week? I can't airdry my hair goes kinky and can't be combed.

If your hair type is 4a/b this is what I would do. Wait a week after your relaxer and do an aphogee protein treatment. This will dry hard on hair, so be careful rinsing it. Keep the water on low until the hair softens back up. Then follow with a good moisturizing deep cond w/heat under the dryer. Do this weekly for a month and your hair should be strengthen and in much better shape. I experienced near baldness in the back in 2005 from color/relaxer and this regimen worked for me. Just remember the key to protein treatments is to follow with a good moisturizing cond. Also, try stretching your relaxers. This will also make your hair healthier and thicker. I do not air dry. I rollerset set on Wed and Sat.

Last edited:
If your hair type is 4a/b this is what I would do. Wait a week after your relaxer and do an aphogee protein treatment. This will dry hard on hair, so be careful rinsing it. Keep the water on low until the hair softens back up. Then follow with a good moisturizing deep cond w/heat under the dryer. Do this weekly for a month and your hair should be strengthen and in much better shape. I experienced near baldness in the back in 2005 from color/relaxer and this regimen worked for me. Just remember the key to protein treatments is to follow with a good moisturizing cond. Also, try stretching your relaxers. This will also make your hair healthier and thicker. I do not air dry. I rollerset set on Wed and Sat.

Hi Janeemat -

What moisturizing conditioner did you use?

Thanks,

Hi Janeemat -

What moisturizing conditioner did you use?

Thanks,

Now I use any of my moisturizing Dom cond such as Olive Oil, Wheat Germ, Noni, Silicon Mix, etc. In the past I used Redken All Soft, Redken Smooth Down, Humectress. Any good moisturizing cond will do.

Back