*Thinner hair on one side.......*

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Hi ladies, I know some of you may remember (although i'm sure most of you won't!) That I had a problem with my hair thinning on one side when I was permed.

Well, I've just completed twists, and my hair is still noticable thinner on the same side....... Is this it, for life then?

x

See if you can get ORS Temple Balm...
I did and it's helping to stimulate the folicles where I'm thinning.

You can also try Peppermint, Cinnamon, or anything else stiulating to the scalp.

-HTH :D

My hair is like that as well on the right side it is thicker and longer but on the left it is thin and shorter but not too thin the best advice I would give is give your hair vitamins and put them in braids so you can get new growth and when you are out of braids then you could have your hair trimmed evenly hope this helps

CharUK said:
Hi ladies, I know some of you may remember (although i'm sure most of you won't!) That I had a problem with my hair thinning on one side when I was permed.

Well, I've just completed twists, and my hair is still noticable thinner on the same side....... Is this it, for life then?

x

Hey char, I too had a thinning problem way back 3 years ago. The more i combed my hair, the thinner the area got. In the end, i just cut the thin bits off, and when it grew back, i knew to take care of it. Its now healthy and thick.

my hair is thinner too, and i didnt realize why until my last perm. most stylists are right handed, and they usually relax the right side first. also, they usually rinse out the left side first b/c its closer to their right hand (visualize them washing ur hair out facing you) therefore, that side of ur hair is subjected to the harmful chemicals longer and more prone to breakage.

Char - do you sleep on that side more than the other? And what type of covering do you put on your hair at night?

NaturalRox said:
Char - do you sleep on that side more than the other? And what type of covering do you put on your hair at night?

I actually sleep on my right side and my hair is real thin on that side. I try to switch up but it isnt working so Im gonna try to do something different I guess like use some ORS or Surge or something.

My hair is thinner on my left side too. I guess I will try the ORS Temple Balm and see how that works for me. :)

My hair is much thinner and a bit shorter on my left side..it also grows slower then my right side....someone once told me, it might be due to a different hair type in that area which might need to be babied more then my other side....it seems as though this is common.

Thanks for the replies ladies! It just so happens I DO sleep more on my right hand side, I also don't really cover with anything, but when I remember, I wear stockings.... I've been searching for a satin/silk pillowcase for the longest time, but haven't had much successful in locating one at a reasonable price.

I think I'll give it till the end of the year, then I'll try the products mentioned.

Thanks ladies! It's also good to know i'm not the only one :)

x

I have the same problem. I have a whole different regimen for my left side since it's so thin. I wrap differently so that I'm not pulling it. I use extra moisturizer, hot oils, Surge, etc. as well.

My hair is also thinner on the left side :ohwell: . I find it so odd that so many of us have thinner hair on that side. Maybe the person that offered that stylist/chemical theory is right!!!

That is really wierd. The left side of my hair is the thinnest as well. In fact, it also has the most breakage! I might have to invest in that ORS Temple balm, or be forced to cut my hair to even it out. However, I don't know if that's really the answer because I'll be forced to cut a lot of my hair off for the sake of it being even, and who's to say that the problem will go away. I think I might just let my hair grow out, take more vitamins, and invest in that ORS temple balm. If that doesn't work...I'm doing my big chop sooner! :)

Char,

I had this problem since I can remember UNTIL NOW!!!. I just thought that I would have to live with it. But over the past few months that side has really thickened up. Due to my hair regime and vitamins
I can hardly notice it. So my advise is to keep doing what your doing it will get there !!!

Kizzy

So the solution is vitamins? Because I stopped taking vitamins a year or so ago because of the side effects it was causing me. Are there any other solutions? God bless you all.

I have two spots at my temples that were thiner from my relaxer days. I used temple balm and they started to fill in. I am now using surge and seeing even better results faster. So, I believe you can combat this and see improvement.

CandiceC said:
My left side is a little thinner and short than the right side.

Same as Candice C. I think it is due to the side that you sleep on at night. That side of your hair is more likely to break of or shed due to the rubbing at night. :(

vikkisecret said:
Same as Candice C. I think it is due to the side that you sleep on at night. That side of your hair is more likely to break of or shed due to the rubbing at night. :(

I actually sleep on stomach and rest the right side of my head on the pillow. I think my hair just grows in slower on the left for some reason. Even when it's in braids.

Lol my left side grows alittle slower than my right also. I don't know what to do to get to grow just as fast as the right side?? Sometimes I sleep without covering me hair

vikkisecret said:
Lol my left side grows alittle slower than my right also. I don't know what to do to get to grow just as fast as the right side?? Sometimes I sleep without covering me hair

I was just thinking maybe this is happens to right handed people. I've heard that the right side of your body is slightly larger/stronger. (ex. right hand larger than left, right arm stronger than left) Maybe that has something to do with why your hair on the right side is programmed to grow faster.

CandiceC said:
I was just thinking maybe this is happens to right handed people. I've heard that the right side of your body is slightly larger/stronger. (ex. right hand larger than left, right arm stronger than left) Maybe that has something to do with why your hair on the right side is programmed to grow faster.

That's funny that you should say that because I am left handed and my left side grows alot faster than my right side.............

myoung said:
That's funny that you should say that because I am left handed and my left side grows alot faster than my right side.............

I guess it does have something to do with it then! I wonder what can be done to speed up the other side? :scratchch

Back