Thinking about transitioning

shetara20

Hello Ladies!!! I have come to the point that I am just sick of my hair!!! I just relaxed it last week and ill be 1 week post tomorrow. I trim a lot of split ends and caused a set back I feel that my hair i extremely thin whn i relax it and im just sick of it. Soooooo im thinking about not relaxing my hair for the next 6 months and see what happens because I want my hair to be thicker. Im not retaining any length and I am in the same spot basically that I was when I joined about a year ago. Im just a lil upset and i dont know what else to do. I guess after a month or so of this perm I can try to invest in a phony pony or a wig to transition for a while. Plus its winter(enough said!) So I have made my decision!!! tranisitioning for a while!!!!

I think that would be a great idea. Maybe you'll decide to transition fully to natural or just stretch a little longer. Don't forget to take pictures!

Hello Ladies!!! I have come to the point that I am just sick of my hair!!! I just relaxed it last week and ill be 1 week post tomorrow. I trim a lot of split ends and caused a set back I feel that my hair i extremely thin whn i relax it and im just sick of it. Soooooo im thinking about not relaxing my hair for the next 6 months and see what happens because I want my hair to be thicker. Im not retaining any length and I am in the same spot basically that I was when I joined about a year ago. Im just a lil upset and i dont know what else to do. I guess after a month or so of this perm I can try to invest in a phony pony or a wig to transition for a while. Plus its winter(enough said!) So I have made my decision!!! tranisitioning for a while!!!!

I am so sorry that you are a little down right now. Here is a BIG Cyber ((((hug)))):bighug:to cheer you up! I wish you and your hair the very best! Oh, BTW if you decide to go natural, you will have the best of both worlds. :scratchchNATURAL...:scratchchSTRAIGHT...:scratchchNATURAL...:scratchchSTRAIGHT
346401015.jpg

Last edited:
I stretched for the first half of the year to see if my hair would improve in thickness, :nono: didn't work. The longer it got the thinner. Can't keep doing the same thing expecting different results. I've been relaxed 80% of my life so I need to do something different :ohwell:. Now I'm transitioning. My natural hair will be fine too but shrinkage will make it look thicker. Good luck.

Shetara and Claudia you ladies are inside of my head!
I've been on the boards for FOUR years this November and I haven't gotten shoulder length yet. When I started I had done a big chop because my hair was stringy and no longer thick. Between then and now I've tried weaving and all that but I still did touch ups and all that. The stretching did not help me as much as I would have liked either.

I've done a few things differently and gotten some good results. Last year July I stopped taking birth control and my hair was soo beautiful, after I started back it all fell out and broke off. I've stopped again and I haven't seen major changes besides the fact that I am generally hairier :lol:

I'm currently 6 months post relaxer and I have had minimal growth, perhaps 2 inches when wet. It's promising because I like the texture of it when it's wet and has leave in conditioner but when it's dry it's a different story. I'm still hoping to keep it up for 2009.

The last hair dresser I went to suggested that I braid my hair up for months at a time so I can let it rest, but when I think about sitting there for a long time I get antsy just thinking about it.

My current plan is to get a full weave for the holiday season since I've been wearing wigs since the summer and I'm tired of seeing myself in it.

I will definitely buddy with you if you decide to stretch.

Hello Ladies!!! I have come to the point that I am just sick of my hair!!! I just relaxed it last week and ill be 1 week post tomorrow. I trim a lot of split ends and caused a set back I feel that my hair i extremely thin whn i relax it and im just sick of it. Soooooo im thinking about not relaxing my hair for the next 6 months and see what happens because I want my hair to be thicker. Im not retaining any length and I am in the same spot basically that I was when I joined about a year ago. Im just a lil upset and i dont know what else to do. I guess after a month or so of this perm I can try to invest in a phony pony or a wig to transition for a while. Plus its winter(enough said!) So I have made my decision!!! tranisitioning for a while!!!![/quote]

You know transitioning is a serious step and you have to love your hair so you may have thinner hair after all in the short run. Braiding and wearing wigs would help you avoid manipulation except on shampoo days for a while.

You know transitioning is a serious step and you have to love your hair so you may have thinner hair after all in the short run. Braiding and wearing wigs would help you avoid manipulation except on shampoo days for a while.

Braiding always pulls my fine hair out :nono:...

Do you relax bone strait? If so, try to leave the relaxer on for less time. When I lightly texlaxed, my hair was awesome. My hair is uber thick, so thinning is not a problem. My problem came when I kept trying to make my hair bone strait like I used to in the past. It led to limp, over processed hair.:nono:

yeah i would say just take a break from relaxers and then make a decision. deciding to transition is a big decision that should be made carefully. get a wig or weave and give the hair a break maybe. little to no manipulation, no heat, and protective stlying can do wonders. and you may end of loving your natural texture and decide to transition then

Back