thinking about stretching longer...

ms.gafeney

I was going to do a relaxer in two weeks after stretching since nov., but the urge to take my kinky twist out (pic in my fotki) and continue to stretch until april (with a sew in) has hit me. i have some questions, if i do this, how should i proceed? should i do a protien treatment and then put the weave in? or something else....

ms.gafeney said:
I was going to do a relaxer in two weeks after stretching since nov., but the urge to take my kinky twist out (pic in my fotki) and continue to stretch until april (with a sew in) has hit me. i have some questions, if i do this, how should i proceed? should i do a protien treatment and then put the weave in? or something else....

I'm in the same boat. Right now i'm about 13 weeks post relaxer and might stretch till April/May. I was going to DC and then get braids. In the mean time I've been doing braid outs and pincurl/bantu sets to keep the texture looking even.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Only if your hair needs it. If not, just DC and go on with the weave.

This is how I feel. I'm current;y on a looong relaxer stretch, about 19 weeks post now, and I been getting along great w/o having to relax. I think if your hair is fine and you can deal with the new growth, then it should be ok not to relax just yet.

I'd like to think I could stretch that long.

I'll try for 13 weeks, LOL, try only 4 relaxers a year, then move up to 3 relaxers.

Y'all are doing so well!

Back