Thinking About Relaxing Again

prettywhitty

I stopped perming since last December. As I began to grow out my hair, I realized how damaged the left side of my hair was. After reading some posts, I see that it was because I kept wrapping my hair in the same direction every day. I was also getting relaxed every 4 weeks per my former stylist's advice. So I was overprocessed too. Now that I know that I can take care of my hair myself, I think I may relax again. Problem is, I don't have a clue about what kind of relaxer to use or if I should self-relax. I have 4a/b kinky-coliy hair. Please help!

I say Phyto Index II and maybe until you know how to do it or have a friend you can trust go to a salon.

I use affirm sensitive scalp and I NEVER self-relax because I know I will overlap in the back. I stretch my relaxers for 8-10 wks and I perm my edges last with every 2-3 relaxers..

My hair was in pretty good condition when I started using this forum, but it has gotten better because of all the INFORMATION here..

GOOD LUCK!!:)

I recently got a relaxer two months ago after being natural for a few years. With all of the knowledge Ive gained me relazed hair is THRIVING. Right know I plan on relaxind every 6 montha until I reach my ultimate goal of waistlength hair. I feel relieved and know washing my hair is a joy not torture. So do what ever suits you. I would go for it.

I relaxed too after beeing natural because it seemed like the easiest option back then for me.If you feel you have al the knowledge down then go for it.
I'am going to self-relax my hair too next time,for the first time since I started my hairjourney.
I choose to go back to a no-lye relaxer just because so many heads of hair I admire are using no-lye without problems and it's just cheaper.

Back