Think twice before you do a friend a favor

vavouna

Hello ladies..hope everyone is having a nice long weekend. So...let me get started with my story...I have a friend that is in cosmotology school. I have been on my hhj for the past 4 years and not until I have learned about the trials and tribulations of caring for my hair..I have finally and slowly seen results....especially since I found this forum:yep:....sooooo...being the good friend that I am, and trying to help her with her grades..., I'm such an advocate about education:yep:....I became her dummy:nono:. Thank God I didn't let her do my perm:perplexed!...I went in to have her do a wash..massage and set...not bad right ladies:spinning:? WRONG!!!!!:sad: I am 8 weeks post relaxer and my friend proceeded to wash my hair..took her time which felt nice..massaged my scalp with some deep conditioning...I was in heaven at this point:lachen:, put me under the dryer..okay..still feeling good...and then......the drama began:nono::nono::nono:!
She proceeded to blow dry my hair..okay....and then she got to a point where the brush wouldn't let go of my hair:ohwell: and I heard her say "oh oh"...I was like "what's the matter"? She said..."the brush is stuck in your hair":blush:....she then started ripping my hair to untangle it from the brush..and I could feel my hair being ripped!:nono: all I could think at this time was all the effort and care that I have put into my hair and for it to be gone....I wanted to :cry:.......the funny thing about this story is....I'm not a licensed beautician...but I glanced over at this other student who was putting a perm on someone and thought to myself. holly mackeral! This student permed her customers hair all the way down to the ends!:blush: I mean..seriously...she coated the womans hair from root to tip with relaxer:sad: I wanted to rush over to the woman and stop the madness...but I was too busy feeling my hair being ripped from the brush:wallbash:!...so ladies..pray for me okay..hopefully she didn't do too much damage....I have been giving my hair extra tlc since then and pray that what she ripped out will soon be grown back...so...to make a long story short...let us all learn from each other...we are all sisters here and know that we share and care about our hair..so if an outsiders...good intentions or not want to help us in our journey...let us all pull out all of our references from this forum and then decide what is good for our hair...because..honestly..not everyone..knows about the real deal with growing hair...my friend even told me to stop moisturizing my hair too much:sad:..at this point..I was ready to ***** slap her:grin:

Sorry this happened to you.

I don't even let licensed stylists touch my hair (other than chemical treatments); a friend doing my wash and set would be a no-no. By the way, why would she need to use a brush for a wash n set? Either way, you'll recover.

She was blow drying my hair after she washed out the deep conditioning...and then then the brush got matted with my hair and she couldn't pull it out..she started to pluck my hair away from the brush....poor me....

I am sorry to hear that also, but if that was me, i would have stopped her and tried to find some sort of conditioner so the detangling would have been easier. I would have also told her to put down the brush and find a wide tooth comb.

You are absolutely right...but she was going to be graded and I didn't want her to fail...lesson learned...trust me:nono:

You're better friend than I am, girl. I would never let a friend do my hair!:nono::giggle: There is one that I would allow to style my hair because she can cornrow, but I wash and detangle my own hair. Sorry you went through that pain.

Wow, I wish your hair a speedy recovery! I'm starting cosmetology school in June and I plan on bringing all of my LHCF knowledge with me. LOL, I'm guessing it'll make me really popular... or not :lachen:

Wow... oh heck naw son! As soon as I felt one single strand rip I wouldve put up my hand like this :hand: and told her to back it on up like a u-haul truck and get away from that stuck brush because it would just have to stay stuck if she wants to do all that...you can't just rip a brush through your customers hair! :nono:

I wish you well. I just wish you would've spoke up when you saw that brush coming for your head. Oh well it's hair and it will grow back. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Back