Thin Hair ladies Thick looking Hairstyles

gn1g

UUUUUUUUhooo Thin hair ladies !

Ok my hair is thin and I hate it. It wasn't always thin but it has always been fine.

What hairstyle do you wear that makes your hair look fuller? Do you use volumizer or root lifter?

The only one that I've found is crimps. I use a volumizing poo which helps tremendously and then crimp it with little or no oil. After a few days I comb it out a bit and it looks much fuller. I like brown hi-lited hair, but black hair looks thicker.

Last edited:
Braid out, twist set, roller set, when I air dry and lightly bump with the curling iron it always looks thick or lightly blow dry.

My hair is so thin/fine that not too much works to make it look thick. I've been able to achieve a "fuller" look with roller sets, twist outs and bantu knot sets.

I rollerset each week. Once my hair starts going flat I use 2-3 rollers in a mohawk to creat more volume & bounce.

Fine hair and thin hair are different. I'm assuming you mean thin as in your hair is either not dense or it break so much your hair is thin. I'm on the latter group. I like to do rollerset, and air drying. I usually use a volumizing leave -in.

I have fine textured hair, I can straighten my new growth with conditioner and a scarf. For volume, going light on the oil and roller-sets work well.

I too have fine strands with finely densed hair. I love rollersets and I recently got great results with braidouts:

Attachments

• S6302777.jpg
    S6302777.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 40
  • S6302769.jpg
    S6302769.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 47
roller setting helps. the added volume and curl.

and southern tease buns. if i bun my hair, that's the only way i do it. i don't use donuts or any of that either. all you need to be clever with a few hair pins and you are done.

Besides a good roller set nothing much makes my hair look thicker. Although when I wear it pinned up and take it down the next day it looks thicker....I dunno.

I have really thin hair too, and these things have worked for me:
  • Airdry about 90%, then blowdry. Wrap/pin curl/flat iron afterwards.
  • Rollerset and airdry.
  • Caruso rollers.

My hair is fine and thin, I struggle with this and so far the only thing that helps is texlaxing,air drying and using rollers for volume when I wear my bob

Back