Thin Hair and Oils--Can I Do It?

Funkeedva

Hey ya'll!

I find that my hair is VERY thin...particularly across the crown and at the temples. I have been looking at some women's hair on LHCF and it seems that oil is a big part of the regimen. Since my hair is so thin, oil weighs it down. So....my question is...how can I get the thickness and length I want using oils,but not having greasy looking hair? I have all the Indian powders and such but I still don't really know how to use those either :)

HELP!

Well u could try using them as a preshampoo treatment either overnight or an hour before you wash....that way you are getting the benefit without it weighing your hair down.

BTW your hair looks really nice and it doesnt look thin to me!

Well u could try using them as a preshampoo treatment either overnight or an hour before you wash....that way you are getting the benefit without it weighing your hair down.

:yep::yep:

Thanks Leslie :)

It is thin at the top..take a look at my fotki :( Anyway...I do the pre-poo oil thingy, but I don't seal or baggy or anything with oil because of the weigh down...hopefully just doing the oil pre-poo will help. My hair is far from healthy...but I'm working on it :)

i have that same problem for my thin hair. when it comes to me baggying and sealing i just had to find 'thin' oils that didn't weigh my hair down. took a lot of trial and error but i have a good selection now.

coconut oil (refined or unrefined)
cocasta shikakai oil (hairveda.net)
megacare tube oils (shea,olive, or grapeseed)

these have been staple oils of mine and can use them for a week stratight without them weighing my hair down.

i have that same problem for my thin hair. when it comes to me baggying and sealing i just had to find 'thin' oils that didn't weigh my hair down. took a lot of trial and error but i have a good selection now.

coconut oil (refined or unrefined)
cocasta shikakai oil (hairveda.net)
megacare tube oils (shea,olive, or grapeseed)

these have been staple oils of mine and can use them for a week stratight without them weighing my hair down.

Is hairvedia closed for good?

If you choose lightweight oils like meadowfoam, grapeseed, or jojoba, and literally use like 1 or 2 drops (when you order oils, check out the containers that come w/little droppers ;)), your hair shouldn't get weighed down. Start with 1 drop in your hand, and focus on your ends, and add more if needed.

Thanks Leslie :)

It is thin at the top..take a look at my fotki :( Anyway...I do the pre-poo oil thingy, but I don't seal or baggy or anything with oil because of the weigh down...hopefully just doing the oil pre-poo will help. My hair is far from healthy...but I'm working on it :)

Your hair is beautiful! I too have thin hair and worry about weighing it down. I have had a lot of success with the Humectress weightless leave in for my roller set and also just recently I started adding a quarter size portion of Hawaiian Silky to my hair as a 2nd leave in to give me the moisture I need without the weight. It worked really well and helped with my dryness.

I am considereing Rogaine to help with my thinning crown. I am going to start a thread to see what the LHCF ladies have to say about it before I start. I am getting tired of trying to arrange my hair so the scalp does not show. Sorry - for being long winded.

Broccoli seed oil- imparts High shine and ultra light, penerating..Im in love with this one, doesnt weigh my hair down at all and all u need is alittle
Coconut Cream oil virgin/organic- light, penetrating, gives good shine I love this one too
Grapeseed oil- realy light,penetrating, nice sheen
Jojoba oil- light, penetrating, nice sheen

Last edited:
Back