thin/fine hair tips for high school/college students with no money

Mena

My little sister had some cute hair when I had her taking hair vitamins. She got all excited her hair was growing and jacked it up. :nono: Now, she is worse off than before! She already has fine hair. too much manipulation is probably why she has thing see through ends that is barely SL. My mom will not pay for a weave or braids for her hair. Do you guys have any suggestions for ways for her to grow out her thin/fine hair on a tiny budget?

what was she doing in addition to the vitamins? how did she jack it up? is she relaxed or natural? when i was relaxed my hair was low-maintenance (mind you this was pre LHCF) so i washed every 2 weeks and blow-dried then flatironed. i can give a lot of transitioning or natural tips if need be...i'm broke as a joke but i havent suffer for it.

one tip that can be applied whether she is relaxed or natural: use kitchen or selfmade products (EVOO to seal, cheapie conditioner/water as a moisturizer, baking soda to clarify). i like lustrasilk as a DC and it is on sale through the end of the month for $1.49. HTH...let us know...

what was she doing in addition to the vitamins? how did she jack it up? is she relaxed or natural? when i was relaxed my hair was low-maintenance (mind you this was pre LHCF) so i washed every 2 weeks and blow-dried then flatironed. i can give a lot of transitioning or natural tips if need be...i'm broke as a joke but i havent suffer for it.

one tip that can be applied whether she is relaxed or natural: use kitchen or selfmade products (EVOO to seal, cheapie conditioner/water as a moisturizer, baking soda to clarify). i like lustrasilk as a DC and it is on sale through the end of the month for $1.49. HTH...let us know...

shes natural

Get her to buy some kute hair pins to and ask her to practice some kute updos. FoxyRoxie has some sexxi and rokkin updos! These protective styles only take about $3 to do.

She could use v05 to do some cowashes. I just got soem Moisture Milks the other day for $0.75

Inexpensive vitamins can be purchased from Puritan's Pride. Catch the sales and she could easily get back on track!

There are some vitamins she can get that aren't that expensive. Biotin is good for strength and thickness for fine/thin hair. Biotin is one of the more inexpensive vitamins and you can get it at many stores.

She could try my regimen. My only expense comes from shampoo, conditioners, ACV and EO's. I do buy vitamins but only a multi. And all she'd have to do is twist her hair and keep it twisted. She can wash in twists and condition in twists (time-saving), then as time allows she can redo them one by one, never having to undo them all--again, that means she won't have to spend so much time on her hair. And the cool thing is, there's little manipulation so very little loss of hair. Although I am usually in braids and it's braids I use to grow my hair (cheap too coz I do them myself) I follow the same regimen and my hair really does do well, even with my slow growth w/o growth aids.

My twists in Sept 2004
Twistsshrunkenafterawash-vi.jpg

My twists in July 2006
AirdryingTwists-vi.jpg

My twists in Jan or Feb 2007 before the BC--or it could've been Dec 2006:
SimpleTwistUpdo-vi.jpg

Oh and I know you're probably freaking out about the no product as a leave-in part. Well, I baggy every night and I CW whenever my hair felt dry. I loved to dunk my hair in ACV solution and let it drip dry so the twists hang straight down and that would often be preceded by a CW. The night baggy helped keep my hair moisturized to.

Cheap and it works for me. Might work for your sis too. She doesn't have to do the no-product part though. Maybe S Curl or a moisturizer or oil that isn't too expensive could be smoothed down the twists after a wash. :yep:

when i was natural and i jacked up my hair fromt time to time, this would always work

wash and deep conditioned with suave strawberry, detangled with conditioner in hair (i used this cheap stuff, since i was a kid when natural... always worked) if she needs extra conditioning use a mayo like ors

apply coconut oil/ or pressing oil blue magic and braid (air dry)
when dry lightly press and cornroll hair (find a grood friend that will do it for free:grin:)

I would do this for like 2 months straight and my hair would get better eventually

Back