Thin Braids That Don't Stay Braided!

fletgee

Hi Ladies,

When I air dry my hair in braids, (no relaxer for the past 3 years) I have splits and knots galore. Some strands have double and triple knots. I leave it braided for 3/4 days (moisturizing every day) then rewash and braid again. My hair is the texture of tumble weed.

However if I blow dry and use my Maxiglide my hair is very soft and fine with not a knot in sight. I then braid it (doing the daily moisture thing) and wash again in 3/4 days.

My question is this. When I do Maxi and then braid my hair is very soft (and I have thin hair) and the braids don't stay braided. It's like I will braid 1 braid and by the time I section my hair to braid another the first 1 has become half way undone. Using hair pins on each braid does not work-I have a sensative scalp and I wind up taking them out due to discomfort.

Any suggestions?
All comments are welcome.

Thanks.

With your first scenario (just braiding without maxiglide) what products are you using for moisture you may need a good detangler (I use afrodetangler).
To keep your hair from unbraiding after maxigliding you can plait it and when you get to the very ends do twists (like you're finishing the ends of a twist out) and it SHOULD hold. If not you can get the little stretchy hair holders used on kids hair you should be able to get it at your local BSS, and put these on the ends. HTH

hothair!

Thanks for your response.

This is my wash day/moisture routine.

Overnight pro-poo with cholesterol, honey and evoo
Wash with-CON or AO
Deep condition with heat-conditioner mixed with honey
or rotate every 2weekls with: duo tex-no heat
Rinse
Apply-detangler*/leave-in/moisturizer/coat braids with shea butter

Again ....thanks!

*john freda or Wanakee

Back