Thicker Hair

Congratulations on your growth. That's always exciting news :)

I don't think many will agree with me, but I am a firm believer that your hair is what it is. What I mean is that if you naturally have thin or thick hair, that's it. However, I think that you can temporarily thicken the hair by using certain products that coat each strand, giving the illusion of more fullness.

I have heard that Panthothenic Acid (B5) is supposed to help thicken hair. I believe Adrienne uses it for that purpose.

candycane

Dubois007,

Your hair is still thin even after extending your relaxer touch-up for 22 weeks? I just checked out your album and your hair looks great. Are you talking about your ends being thin because the rest of your hair looks nice and full. :)
I know most ladies on here have trimmed or cut about 2-3 inches to makes their hair thicker. Also, avoid using heat so your hair won't get thinner. ;)

*Edited to add: I have fine textured hair and taking NatureMade Super B Complex has made my hair grow in very much thicker and stronger! :grin:

Last edited:
I agree with webby...my hair is thin as well and I do things to it to make it look thick such as rollersetting, HTH

candycane said:
I have heard that Panthothenic Acid (B5) is supposed to help thicken hair. I believe Adrienne uses it for that purpose.

candycane
I'm swamped at work right now, so I can't find it for you, but I believe there is a thread entitled WHAT VITAMINS DO FOR YOUR HAIR that should help. I seem to remember something bout B5 and others helping to thicken your hair. Also, I have been drinking carrot juice for the past two months, and my hair seems to have thickened quite a bit - relaxers tend to thin out my hair, but it's been really thick and growing lately. HTH.

I only use heat when I go to the beauty salon to get my perm done. Maybr I should try trimming because since March, I didn't cut anything because my ends look healthy, they still do...

My hair is not normally thin because when I had it cut my hair was full, even when I had them log in 2000 and now I don't know what happen...

Thanks ladies and I'll take your advices into consideration and let you know.

Thanks again

Poohbear said:
Dubois007,
I know most ladies on here have trimmed or cut about 2-3 inches to makes their hair thicker. Also, avoid using heat so your hair won't get thinner. ;)

Ditto, I have been doing protective styles and taking pantothenic acid to help thicken up my hair as I opted not to cut it.

Dubois007 said:
I only use heat when I go to the beauty salon to get my perm done. Maybr I should try trimming because since March, I didn't cut anything because my ends look healthy, they still do...

My hair is not normally thin because when I had it cut my hair was full, even when I had them log in 2000 and now I don't know what happen...

Thanks ladies and I'll take your advices into consideration and let you know.

Thanks again

Oh, that's different. If you hair is not naturally thin...then I would definitely say you are due for a trim. I personally, don't get full trims, but I swear by frequent dustings. I have retained a great deal of length w/o sacrificing my thickness.

Maybe you could get a moderate trim, not taking off too much and follow up by getting dustings. See if that may not make a difference.

The pantothenic acid looks like an interesting vitamin, I think I'm will give it a try and give myself a light trim.

Here are ways people have successfully thickened their hair:

Internally:
Vitamin B5 (Panthothenic Aci)
Carrot Juice (see Carrot Juice Challenge)

Externally:
Air Drying
Stretching out relaxers
Using a volumizer like Nexxus Headress

Yes trims are the way to go. When I first started growing my hair in 03' it was shoulder length. Now 2 years later it's very close to bra-strap. I would have already been there, but my hair was thinning out @ the ends. I trimmed ALOT this year to keep my thickness. I mean ALOT! My strategy next year is to dust. That way I can keep my length and maintian the thickness. It's better to lose 1 - 1 1/2 to dusting, rather than 3-4in from big trims due to thinning ends.

Back