Thicker hair challenge

Yeah where can you get Castor Oil. I would love to thicken up my hair as well. I MTG every other day after I wash or cw. That gets so boring let me tell you. anyway I think I would like to add the carrot juice I have a mixer that would be cool- Don't think I will be dropping any acid anytime soon. But count me in.

Trudy said:
Yeah where can you get Castor Oil. I would love to thicken up my hair as well. I MTG every other day after I wash or cw. That gets so boring let me tell you. anyway I think I would like to add the carrot juice I have a mixer that would be cool- Don't think I will be dropping any acid anytime soon. But count me in.
You can buy castor oil from walmart, winn dixie , and the health food stores sell it too. You can buy it just about anywhere.

Can you actually change the thickness of your strand??? i think that's all a part of your natural hair texture isn't it??

tthreat08 said:
Can you actually change the thickness of your strand??? i think that's all a part of your natural hair texture isn't it??

It is all about your natural hair texture, and yes you're right, you can't change nature... Most thickening products (like castor oil) just "plump up" the strand. Once you stop using them, the strand will "deflate" over time. But I think vitamins actually CAN make the new hair grow out from the root thicker permnently (as in thicker than your fine hair, but not as thick as someone with naturally thick strands).

I wish there was a trichologist on this forum to help us out on this one :ohwell:

The very back of my hair is very thin. Is it possible to apply castro oil nightly and not wash out until my wash day to gain thickness?

MonaRae said:
The very back of my hair is very thin. Is it possible to apply castro oil nightly and not wash out until my wash day to gain thickness?

I think so. I noticed a considerable difference in the thickness of my hair when i used to use castor oil regularly.

I'm in. I just bought the pantothenic acid from GNC and have added protein shakes to my vitamin regimen. Hopefully this will help thicken up my hair.It is already thick it just needs to be a little thicker. :p

Albeit late, I would like to join this challenge as well. I would love to thicken up my naturally fine-textured hair. I have been using mtg since last August and have noticed a substantial difference, as have my hair stylists. So I will continue with that, and add carrot juice to my regimen. Im not a fan of it, but if folks say it works, i will pick some up. Carrots are great for the eyes, so thats added incentive. The KeraCare Essential Oils that I use already contains castor oil, so hopefully that is sufficient.

Looking forward to hearing updates about you all's progress. :)

NoNapNique said:
It is all about your natural hair texture, and yes you're right, you can't change nature... Most thickening products (like castor oil) just "plump up" the strand. Once you stop using them, the strand will "deflate" over time. But I think vitamins actually CAN make the new hair grow out from the root thicker permnently (as in thicker than your fine hair, but not as thick as someone with naturally thick strands).

I wish there was a trichologist on this forum to help us out on this one :ohwell:

Hmmm, interesting. :perplexed

Thanks for that information.

Hello all. This is my first post to the site and I would like to get in on this thicker hair challenge. My hair has always been thin, but it has become even thinner over the past couple of months. I need a little support and it looks like this is the place to get it :) . I am still in the process of getting together my hair care regimen, but I am taking vitamins (Hairtopia and Viviscal), and I will be mixing up homemade MTG (recipe complements of Den1), and we'll see what's up in 6 months!

Count me in as well. :)

Question: What is pantothenic acid? Where do purchase you.

So far, I just started taking the Ultra Thick Hair Shake (Vitamin Shoppe). It's very good tasting.

In addtion, Neosporin AF (daily to scalp); Castor Oil pre-washes (3 x's a week); MTG once a week (Friday/Saturday).

I'm open for other success treatments as well.

Thanks angels...thank you very much. God bless all of you and not a hair on your heads shall fall to the ground. (Hey, it's in the word of God ;) ... He numbers our hairs. What better care to have them in....Amen and Amen.

"Shimmie..." :)

I'm in as well. I have thin strands but a lot of them and plan to use UltraThick Hair shake, vitamin B5, black castor oil and MTG. Will update as I see progress. Happy hair growing to all!

Pops...

Back