thicken up the ends?!!!

Lilmama1011

I don't get how you can do that? I hear some say they want to thicken their ends but how. I know protein treatments thicken it up a bit but only but so much. Won't the ends still remain being thinner then the rest of the hair. Shouldn't you just cut it off?I can see taking vitamins to thicken the hair coming in but once it's out the scalp, isn't that it?

Last edited:
Cut them. Protect them. Condition them. Moisturize and seal them. Keep heat off them.

In that order.

Cut them. Protect them. Condition them. Moisturize and seal them. Keep heat off them.

In that order.

Yes that makes a lot of sense. I see thin ends on here and they talking about babying them and thickening it up and several months later they end up cutting a big chunk because they didn't cut it. Thin ends make the rest of your hair look like crap

Lilmama1011, I've had an uneven hemline many times. I eventually trim the longer layers to even up with the shorter layers to get the hemline back thick. For my hair, it's not always a health issue. The left side grows faster than the right. The top layer grows quicker than the bottom. Over time, that creates unevenness and the appearance of thinning, throw in some breakage and that really makes things uneven. I often will let my hair grow until a certain point before trimming all layers even. HTH

Lilmama1011, I've had an uneven hemline many times. I eventually trim the longer layers to even up with the shorter layers to get the hemline back thick. For my hair, it's not always a health issue. The left side grows faster than the right. The top layer grows quicker than the bottom. Over time, that creates unevenness and the appearance of thinning, throw in some breakage and that really makes things uneven. I often will let my hair grow until a certain point before trimming all layers even. HTH

That makes sense

I'm not really trying to thicken up my ends, but for me it has to do with bonelaxed ends and texlaxed hair between BSL and APL. My ends appear thin, but when my hair is flat ironed, you couldn't tell I had bonelaxed ends.

Back