THICK roots!

Leshia

You guys! I've got some ROOTS. I've been oiling my scalp with castor oil every night and the roots...they're unbelievable.
198.gif
I have fine hair and this just...stumps me. I'm looking to move on from my *dare I say*
2425.gif
Ultra Sheen No-Lye relaxer. Teehee. Anyhoo, I'm moving on because it's not straightening my hair. What should I move to???? Elucence? Motions? I need some BIG GUNS.
smile.gif

i cant offer you any advice . i just wanted to congratulate you on your thick roots!! that castor oil will do it everytime
smile.gif

(kicking over a chair)
mad.gif

Guess I will have to try the Castor oil. I have heard quite a few rave reviews on it nad mixed with my biotin I should be headed towards my bra strap by the end of the year.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Pandora said:
i have only used the nolye version but affirm lye seems to be popular here for superior straightening

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I'll have to figure out where I can buy Affirm over the internet. Thanks, Pandora. *waving*

Madison - I appreciate the congrats. This stuff is awesome! I never ever knew, but wish I had used it sooner!

Pandora - it's the Home Health brand that I ordered online.
Drea and Tonya -
orders.gif
GET your castor oil NOOOWWWW. *smirking*

Here is a trick that combats the smell of my oils..I haven't tried it on castor oil yet but it works on my olive oil and hair grease..add a sprig of fresh Rosemary..so it neutralizes the odor and stimulates...

Hi Leshia!
I feel u on the "thick roots"... Mine grows in really thick also. I alternate between Luster's Pink No Lye &amp; Optimum No Lye, both regular (I'll stick with 1 for a yr before alternating). Currently, I'm with Optimum. But anyway, I get very, very excellent results from both brands. HTH

Peachtree said:
Hi Leshia!
I feel u on the "thick roots"... Mine grows in really thick also. I alternate between Luster's Pink No Lye &amp; Optimum No Lye, both regular (I'll stick with 1 for a yr before alternating). Currently, I'm with Optimum. But anyway, I get very, very excellent results from both brands. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

I just assumed I had to move to Lye...maybe a good no-lye would do the trick, eh?

Yeah, sherrylove, I was not quite up for yet another oil, but this castor oil is a keeper. I've added some rosemary and a bit of wheatgerm and it's quite a good blend for me.

RabiaElaine said:
Castor oil normally has an awful smell. What do you do to combat that? And what website did you order from?

[/ QUOTE ]

This Home Health brand doesn't really have too much of a smell. Is it just me? I dunno. I mix it with rosemary oil and it's just fine....also, I use it at night. Maybe whatever smell there is dissipates by morning?
ohwell.gif

Congratulations on your thickness. That Castor Oil--I tell ya! I think it's like the 8th wonder of the world. I read on a site that someone posted a few months ago that a castor seed can even be taken as birth control. Now, isn't that somethin'? That ol' castor, I tell ya...

Back