They have got to be kidding!!!

GoingBack

So I've been hearing some good things about an esential oil called ylang-ylang and I finally decided to buy some. I went to fromnaturewithlove.com to order some. Someone please tell me why a 4 oz. bottle is $84.79?!

Is this typical? Does anyone else know of a site where I can find it at a reasonable price?

/images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/ill.gif

That has to be a typo! I got mine for $11 from puritan.com during one of their "buy one get three free" sales.

Girl go to the site and check it out. Their prices are ridiculous. I think that i'm going to check out puritan.

BTW, how do you use your oil? What is the scent like? Do guys seem to like it?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm mad that people are actually paying that much for it and that it is out of stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, right! /images/graemlins/nuts.gif

I got mine from the health food store for like ten bucks or something. Cant tell if it actually does anything because I use so much stuff. I mix it with all my other eo's.

just checked out the puritan site...basically, you are payin $13 for 1 ounce. so if you made it to 4 ounces from them, it would be $52. (30 dollars less..but still pricey)

the closest i get to it is in carol's daughter ylang ylang frankinsomething shampoo.

[ QUOTE ]
what are the benefits of ylang ylang for the hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

It supposedly stimulates hair growth.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, how do you use your oil? What is the scent like? Do guys seem to like it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I add a few drops of ylang ylang to stinky products to improve the smell.

Kitty, I visited the From Nature With Love site and it makes sense that the 4 oz bottle should cost $84.79 as it does, because 1/4 oz costs $12.94 there. That is probably about what it would cost at your local health food store for ylang ylang essential oil, but I usually only see the 1/4 oz (or maybe 1/2 oz) at my local stores. The good news is, if you are only buying it for your own personal use and plan on using it as you would use other essential oils in a carrier oil base, you probably won't need 4 oz. The 1/4 oz size will probably last you a long time.

The other ladies in the thread who have purchased ylang ylang EO have not mentioned the size of the bottle, so I'm not sure if they got 4 oz for such low prices.

I visited Puritan.com and they have a product named "Ylang Ylang Aromatherapy" in a .34 oz size for a buy 1 get 2 free special at $12.95. However, their 'sneaky' wording, along with the wonderful price, makes me suspect that may not be a pure essential oil and may be a blend of other things with ylang ylang just used as small ingredient for scent. I'm not sure though.

SassyGirl, since you've ordered from there, if you don't mind, can you tell us if what they sell is a pure essential oil? I've never use ylang ylang EO before but would like to. They will definitely get my business if it is pure and of good quality!

I thought it said .4 oz. /images/graemlins/dork.gif

It's the only one I have used so I don't have anything to compare it to. Sorry! It's called Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata). The brand name is Holland & Barrett Perfectly Pure Aromatherapy. The box says, "This product is pure and contains no added ingredients."

[ QUOTE ]
It's called Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata). The brand name is Holland & Barrett Purefectly Pure Aromatherapy. The box says, "This product is pure and contains no added ingredients."

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for that reply, SassyGirl! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That product sounds good to me! I will have to go browse the Puritan site some more and see what other bargains they have! /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Thanks for the link, gabrielle2. /images/graemlins/smile.gif This thread has me thinking about trying some, esp. since it's supposed to be non-toxic - and the doc d/n come down either way on EOs. What I found interesting about the link, is that even though it says Ylang-ylang comes from Madagascar, an African country, it discussed how people from other parts of the world used it (which I found helpful and interesting) but it would have been just as helpful and interesting to me to know how people from the African parts of the world used it too. Or do we not count?

Back