The usual hair update....

FAMUDva

Well, I'm posting my update... Lord knows I wish my hair was longer! It's creeping along.

The pics here are AFTER a trim and texlax on 12/12. For comparison, my previous update click HERE.

hair1212071cv2.jpg
hair1212072uy5.jpg

Still at line #7 with my goal being at line #10... Line #10 would be just below BSL. Goodness:ohwell:! I'm trying a different approach during this texlax cycle (thanks to Browndilocks :))

I think I'm most pleased with these comparisons from 2007.

FEB. 2007
relaxer22307002tu8.jpg

April 2007
picture006ya2.jpg

Dec. 2007
hair1212072uy5.jpg

So while it's not LEAPS and bounds, looking back at the pics, it makes me appreciate the progress I DID have :) Thank God for digital pics, my trusty shirt, and LHCF! :drunk:

Your sides have visably caught up with the back. It's also apparently thicker. Great growth - to me mho

THANKS! I had to go back and look at older pics just to see that myself :) Sometimes we have to take a step back and appreciate the "small" improvements! :)

You know, that's why pics are sooooo important to track our progress. Your hair is growing WONDERFULLY!!!! Believe me, I know it seems like a watched pot....I'm in the same situation....only my progress isn't as stellar as yours. Your hair looks healthy and thick, and the ends ROCK!!!! "Let patience have her perfect work that (your hair) may be perfect and entire.....wanting (for) NOTHING!" Way to Grow, FAMU!

You know, that's why pics are sooooo important to track our progress. Your hair is growing WONDERFULLY!!!! Believe me, I know it seems like a watched pot....I'm in the same situation....only my progress isn't as stellar as yours. Your hair looks healthy and thick, and the ends ROCK!!!! "Let patience have her perfect work that (your hair) may be perfect and entire.....wanting (for) NOTHING!" Way to Grow, FAMU!

Ahh, thank you! You're words are very encouraging!

I know, it is hard to celebrate the little victories, but your hair has grown a bunch and gotten thicker! It is really pretty; congrats FAMUDiva! :)

Well, I'm posting my update... Lord knows I wish my hair was longer! It's creeping along.

The pics here are AFTER a trim and texlax on 12/12. For comparison, my previous update click HERE.

hair1212071cv2.jpg
hair1212072uy5.jpg

Still at line #7 with my goal being at line #10... Line #10 would be just below BSL. Goodness:ohwell:! I'm trying a different approach during this texlax cycle (thanks to Browndilocks :))

Beautiful! Beautiful! Keep up it up girl! :yep:

Thanks Ladies! :)

You grow girlllllllllllll :up: I have to go check your product list.

Girl, my products are so simple... I'm a believer in the KIS plan. I use NTM products at home and Design Essentials or Paul Mitchell leave in when roller setting. When I'm not roller setting at home I use Fermadyl. Once a month I use Keraphix for protein. When shampooing (which ends up being ever 7-14 days), my first lather is with Suave clarifying shampoo, then my NTM shampoo, followed by NTM mask for DC.

That's about it. Simple seems to work best for me. I wear plenty of roller sets and wraps and rarely comb my hair during the week (just rake down when wearing a wrap). When I wear roller set, i pin curl at night. Later in the relaxer I rely on ponytails and such.

There ya have it... Sorry I was long winded.

ETA: There is no rhyme or reason to my shampoo days. It's about me being lazy and not liking wet hair during the winter. I shampoo my hair as needed really because I never count days.

Wow...Fam! That's great progress. I know it's hard sometimes to see your own progress, but that really is a BIG difference! You should be really proud!:congrats:

Girl, quit playing! Your hair is looking lovely! Definitely thicker and longer. :yep: I believe that KIS is best. Don't think about your hair too much and Grow On!

Back