The Truth about Headbands...

Everything Zen

Okay ladies,

I only flat ironed my hair once since my last touch up almost 9 weeks ago, I air dry only on roller sets, deep condition once a week, light protein one a month, do a lot of baggying, taken my vitamins, etc. how bad is wearing a headband for the edges of my hair several times a week in the last 2-3 weeks? I thought this might be a little gentler than smoothing it back while wet setting. I used that one wax that everyone swore by and called "Perm in a jar" but it got flaky sometimes and nothing else really looked right. I don't think it's too tight but you never know. I have bangs in the front that reach my bottom lip (well they were even with the rest of my hair but one of those hater hair dressers back in the day cut it really short and I have struggled to grow it back since). Any ideas or suggestions on how to wear styles where the front looks fine as is? Thanks!!!

I've been rocking headbands alot lately. I think its ok if its not too tight or snagging or pulling at your edges... idk:look:

bmoreflyygirl said:
What about putting a part in the middle or on the side?

Eh... I have some serious new growth though. That is a thought, maybe a part with cute hairclip but then again you have to watch out for placement of that too. Thanks!

Mook's hair said:
how about flat twists or cornrows in the front.
That's cute.

I can do my own single braids (see siggy) but I have not yet mastered flat twists. I will try to look into that again.

I try not to use the elastic headbands b/c i have a large head and they don't seem to fit well without excess pulling. I use the silk/chiffon headbands instead; they make me look presentable and don't pull the edges.

Back