The Trouble With Curls

Barbara

Princess
When my hair was much shorter, the curls stayed in very long after I left the salon. My hair is mid back length now, so it doesn’t do any good for my stylist to hot curl my hair, because the curls fall out after about an hour or two no matter how tight he curls it. :cry3: This is because of the weight of my hair. It’s too heavy to hold curls according to my stylist.:wallbash:

Now, I’m wondering what can I add to my hair to keep the curls from falling out. Should I use a gel; and if so, which one? Preferably one that doesn’t flake. I don’t mind mixing oil in the gel to keep it from drying my hair out.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

:ohwell: Oh I long to have such problems... No advice to offer but I am glad for you :yep:and wishing it was me.
One day...One day...

When my hair was much shorter, the curls stayed in very long after I left the salon. My hair is mid back length now, so it doesn’t do any good for my stylist to hot curl my hair, because the curls fall out after about an hour or two no matter how tight he curls it. :cry3: This is because of the weight of my hair. It’s too heavy to hold curls according to my stylist.:wallbash:

Now, I’m wondering what can I add to my hair to keep the curls from falling out. Should I use a gel; and if so, which one? Preferably one that doesn’t flake. I don’t mind mixing oil in the gel to keep it from drying my hair out.

I love lotta body it helps my curls stay for a full week without having to re set them.

Do rollersets!!!!!

You can vary the size of the curl by varying the size of the rollers you use. They will last much longer than curls done with curling irons.

I do my own rollersets. Upthread someone mentioned using lottabody. I use this but you REALLY want to make sure you dilute it properly.

I use one of those large spray bottles from Sally's (24 or 28 ounces). I put 5 oz.. of lottabody in the bottle, then I add 2 capfuls of Silk Amino Acid, then I fill the rest of the spray bottle with water. My hair holds without being hard.

Last edited:
^Yes, try roller setting...i always thought curling with direct heat was even worse than flat ironing...you don't want hard curls, just do a wet rollerset maybe with a mousse or something

Back