The trials of a transitioner

kandi1280

When I do a conditioner wash my hair feels so good! I then usually put jojoba oil on my hair because it is so light. When its damp my hair feels wonderful and soft. Especially my new growth. However, when it is dry it is D..R..Y! Having a perm made it easy to just tuck my hair back into a pony tail. But this damaged my hair, it was long but it was also see -through. Now its thick but dry. I don't know what to do? My hair loves oil, but I hate it when its too greasy. I don't like putting my hair down and sitting in a leather seat and leaving and a stain on leather
crazy.gif

Any ideas? I would gladly welcome them.
smile.gif

I'm not transitionning but I'm stretching out my relaxer. This weekend, I made the best mixture that gave my hair great moisture- I put castor oil and coconut oil in my mango butter and then us ethe paste to do my hair. My new growth feels so moisturized and soft that I'm seriously considering going back to natural.

Your dry natural hair may not be necessarily dry, it may simply not be as smooth as the dry relaxed hair. After co washing your hair, it may help to add a serum to keep your natural hair moist and smooth. I also found leaving in alittle pantene conditioner helped. Good luck.

I noticed this too lately. I put distilled water, coconut oil, olive oil, a bit of VO5 oasis & some rosemary drops in a spray bottle and I give it a good spray the day between my washes (I co wash every other day). This will work with any oil, those above so far are my favorite. I think i'll try with jojoba oil next time though instead of olive oil.

My hair drinks this stuff up and it keeps it moisturized pretty well.

Try an oil-based moisturizer like CD Hair Milk.

And also use spray bottle mixes with different oils and conditioners.

Back