~ The Touch-up Blues~ Anyone else going through it?

bravenewgirl87

Anyone else's relaxed hair getting them down? I feel so limited and, honestly, unattractive with this mane on my head. Lately, I've had problems since it was double-proccessed and I just don't see the point in relaxing anyone. It will NEVER get straight (for one) and I honestly prefer curly hair (with rollersets). There are some great straight styles I do love, but my hair (3 going into 4 mos.) post is not long enough (technically it is, but I'd have to straighten it) to achieve the more elaborate one (pigtails, updos, etc.) I'm tired of having to be straight to achieve really cute dos, and the natural/textured ladies have been inspiring me for a while. I always get this downtrodden with it once it comes time for a touch-up (this weekend) but I keep finding myself chickening out of going to the salon to get the creamy crack.
I want to transition, but.... I don't think I'd have much support. When I do where curly rollersets, people look at me as if I'm insane down here. Someone called my hair a Jheri Curl (I guess he'd never seen curly hair before). I personally don't feel like going natural all alone because people's reactions ( I assume) will be... tough. I kinda don't want to have to explain why I'm natural and no dreads/extensions... just wearing my own natural hair. Most naturals around here are not long/ or get their pressed.

Anyone else having the touch-up blues? Care to share.

i feel ya. i relaxed 2 weeks ago, wore my hair straight for 2 days, and then i whipped out the flexirods! i discovered that i love curly hair on me. i think regular ol' relaxed do's, like the wrap, are slightly boring :yawn: (on me, anyways. maybe they'll look HAWT when my hair grows a bit longer).

i feel ya. i relaxed 2 weeks ago, wore my hair straight for 2 days, and then i whipped out the flexirods! i discovered that i love curly hair on me. i think regular ol' relaxed do's, like the wrap, are slightly boring :yawn: (on me, anyways. maybe they'll look HAWT when my hair grows a bit longer).

Ditto. THere's nothing really... fantabulous about it anymore...even if it is your own long hair. Everyone has a wrap with long hair now (real or not)... big whoop.I'm getting really bored.

I thought about this not too long ago. I was saying to myself "How long can i go doing this relaxer thing every couple of months". I don't think i wanna do this for the rest of my life...but yet, I don't know if i can transition either.

I think i'm bored with my styles b/c of my length. i love the curl when i airdry, but b/c its uneven, it's all over the place. I think when my hair gets longer I'll get less bored. so i think i'll keep being a crack addict til then

I thought about this not too long ago. I was saying to myself "How long can i go doing this relaxer thing every couple of months". I don't think i wanna do this for the rest of my life...but yet, I don't know if i can transition either.

I think i'm bored with my styles b/c of my length. i love the curl when i airdry, but b/c its uneven, it's all over the place. I think when my hair gets longer I'll get less bored. so i think i'll keep being a crack addict til then

I'm getting tired of it too. Although I can tell others how to do their relaxed hair, I still don't have the passion for myself.

I'm going through that

I use to relax really often .... tehn I brought it down to 4 times a year

Now it is past time for me to relax and I don't feel like relaxing. I finally foudn a stylist I am comfortable and I have been going every 3- 4 weeks. She blows it out and either gets it really straight or puts curls in it. I wear it curly/wavy most of the time ... either a wash and go, braidout, or a rollerset.

I am thinking of just transitioning , because it seems kind of worthless to keep relaxing. My hair has never really gotten bone straight anyway. I always had to rely on tons of heat for styling , so I don't see the benefit of getting a relaxer anymore. :perplexed

Back