The smell??!!

tennile

Hey I just purchased 100% tea tree oil for massaging my scalp;however, it has a horrible smell. What essential oil is good for offsetting smells?Tennile

I can relate with you tennile, I'm (or was) using 100% tea tree oil on my scalp but the smell is horrendus! I realized that I should have bought an oil that isn't 100% tea tree. For ex. Organic root stimulator has a tea tree oil moisturizer with TT in it but I don't want to waste my tea tree oil. Maybe you could mix it with a moisturizer or olive oil/vit. E oil. I'm going to give this a try.

DO NOT USE PURE ESSENTIAL OILS ON YOUR SCALP!!! You must use a carrier oil, such as jojoba, vitamin E, castor oil, etc... The Pure oil is too strong to be used alone. I would recommend mixing 2 oz. (2 tbsp.)of the oil with 4-5 drops of the tea tree.

to me the pure TT oil smellt like mr. clean or lysol on my head
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DelightfulFlame said:
DO NOT USE PURE ESSENTIAL OILS ON YOUR SCALP!!! You must use a carrier oil, such as jojoba, vitamin E, castor oil, etc... The Pure oil is too strong to be used alone. I would recommend mixing 2 oz. (2 tbsp.)of the oil with 4-5 drops of the tea tree.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO !!!

It could actually be quite irritating to you skin. Bad reations! Try a blend of the jojoba and some olive oil. Say if you get that 1 ounce bottle of jojoba at the beauty supply store you you only need to apply a couple of drops to be beneficial.

[ QUOTE ]
DelightfulFlame said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you!
I just bought some Tree tea oil for my dandruff spot and the
freak2.gif
lady in the store said that I can just dap it on my scalp.
Well, I opened the minut (but OH so expensive) bottle and the smell had me reeling
faintz.gif
So I got to my trusty LHCF board and IT'S DOWN
fit.gif
!
I have done about 1 000 000 google searches and NOTHING useful!
Thank God I waited
flip1.gif
!

Thank you, DelightfulFlame
love3.gif

Back