The Sedu Has Changed... >:-{

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
...and not for the better. Thought I'd take advantage of the folica holiday sale & purchased another classic SEDU. It's now called the SEDU professional BTW. :rolleyes: Anywho I receive the iron and it is nowhere near what it used to be. They changed the slick glassy tourmaline plates and replaced them with some dull dry coated ceramic. The iron no longer glides well and gives nowhere near the shine it used to. No wonder it was on sale so cheap. I'm returning it even if it was just 60 bucks. I've been using the SEDU for the past 10 years and I'm so mad about this. :mad: Never thought I'd say this about my favorite flat iron but save your 120 bucks and DO NOT PURCHASE!

I really hate flat irons with bumpy glides! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

Goodbye SEDU.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Geez. Looks like you helped me dodge a bullet as well. Mine is about 7 yrs old and I was just starting to look into getting a new one. Well....once my hair grows back anyway. That sux. I really loved my sedu.

I'm not totally out of luck because I was hoarding. :look: I already have 2 fully functioning ones but geez. It's been a few years since my last purchase and I wanted to take advantage of the half price sale. What a disappointment. BTW - I called customer service and it was confirmed that the plates were just changed a few months ago.

I wonder if there is a place to purchase the old one. I had the revolution. I don't want to try out flat irons. That was the first expensive one I purchased and it was awesome.

I have a regular sedu and I'm never getting rid of that bad boy as long as it still works. I just got a mini sedu revolution for my roots and I love it.

Girrrrrrrrrrl. I bought my sedu 6 years are so ago. My puppy chewed through the cord. I was just about to buy another. So sad.
The cord can be repaired. I took my damaged sedu iron to an electrician store here in the Bahamas and all they did was replace the cord for me. It works fine now. I couldn't stand the thought of $150 going down the toilet like that

Last edited:
I have 2 sedu irons by the way, so I won't be needing one anytime soon. Thanks OP for your post.

I eventually wanted to buy a flat iron and was considering Sedu, now I might have to check out FHI

Back