THE SCISSORS ARE YOUR FRIEND!

Irresistible

Ladies!

I was bored and browsing through other threads and so many ladies are afraid of big trims and/or cuts! why?

I thought my hair was doing just fine in 2005, but out of other frustration, and I guess I was feeling it one day and realized it didnt 'feel' just fine, although it looked it, I chopped it mid back, nice and thick ends. I missed my hair , yes! But the end result was it grew back much thicker than previously! *you can see a huge difference in my albums on fotki*

If you have thin ends, cut it. If you have dry ends that cant be fixed with moisture, cut it! if you have split ends, cut it! If you have rough ends Cut it!!!!

you can do little trims at a time if you wish, either way , whatever the plan, dont hang on to long struggling ends!

This is just my advice, of course you can do whatever you want with your hair!

Try fruit of earth aloe vera gel on the dry ends. Its works for me !

yeah this is only suggested for dry ends that nothing helps

Naturals, this is the test, do a wash ,rinse or whatever, just add add some natural oil, no heavy butters, conditioners or products. let your hair dry, then feel your ends!

if they are not soft

well depending on your own guestimation they might have to go

that was my decision and I have thicker hair now so I cant regret it.

I am not saying that with good care and/or over time it wouldnt have thickened up, I just think this was much faster and a fool proof way. If you get to fresh ends then really really take care of them it might make a huge difference like it did for me

ok thats my public service announcement for the day :lol:

the scissors are your friend. :yep:

sometimes, you can be TOO good of friends though... like me :look: and go a bit overboard. and then end up cutting off more than you really meant to.

so um... the lesson here is... friendship with scissors is great. just don't hop in bed with the scissors. they are not good lovers. :lachen:

sometimes, you can be TOO good of friends though... like me :look: and go a bit overboard. and then end up cutting off more than you really meant to.

so um... the lesson here is... friendship with scissors is great. just don't hop in bed with the scissors. they are not good lovers. :lachen:
Yeah girl just use them to get off now and then

as needed

rotfl

You both are silly!:lachen: Comparing them scissors to a man!:lachen: Well, I am sexy n short, and I have these highlighted pieces is the front, that look very damaging next to my new, wonderful, rich hair. For some reason, I refuse to let a scissor be my friend.:nono: I don't know! Maybe I am just eager to keep that length! I know, maybe I should get a jump off, one night!:lachen:

do you all buy scissors from Sally's for hair only or use any regular pair of scissors

You both are silly!:lachen: Comparing them scissors to a man!:lachen: Well, I am sexy n short, and I have these highlighted pieces is the front, that look very damaging next to my new, wonderful, rich hair. For some reason, I refuse to let a scissor be my friend.:nono: I don't know! Maybe I am just eager to keep that length! I know, maybe I should get a jump off, one night!:lachen:
or just get off little by little!

lmao

a little here and a little there

it will grow right back!

Try leting a MAN trim it

I agree completely. I have fine hair so it's even more important to stay on top of those ends. Personally, for me, my hair wouldn't survive or ultimately retain any length without trimming when needed. I'm only at SL right now, so for me it's a slow process, but I do like the look and feel of ends that are kept up, it gives the appearance of more thickness which I need.

Irresistible, your hair is gorgeous! What is your regimen? Your hair type looks a lot like my daughter's and she would love her hair to be as long and healthy as yours.

I agree completely. I have fine hair so it's even more important to stay on top of those ends. Personally, for me, my hair wouldn't survive or ultimately retain any length without trimming when needed. I'm only at SL right now, so for me it's a slow process, but I do like the look and feel of ends that are kept up, it gives the appearance of more thickness which I need.

Irresistible, your hair is gorgeous! What is your regimen? Your hair type looks a lot like my daughter's and she would love her hair to be as long and healthy as yours.
Thank you!!!

I rinse once a week, water only, sometimes a co wash ,I used to do those alot, but havent been doing it lately, same with overnight conditioning , I Just rinse, add oil, and conditioner or leave in, put it in a pony tail , and just do touch up for about a week untill the next rinse and its starts all over again

Conditioners I have been using as a leave in are Motions Silk Protein (but be very careful with this since it is protein it might not work for everyone as a leave in) or NTM conditioner, or Elasta QP Recovery. I am in the market to try others soon. Or sometimes I Will just leave coconut oil only

I take a full vitamin regimen

multi
b complex *i take the capsule form of those both for better absorbtion*
Vitamin E 400
Vitamin C powder crystals 2-3000mg
I used to take protein and fish oil but havent lately, which reminds me I need to start again

thats it my regimen is more simplified more than ever these days

I found that trimming the ends make the hair easier to comb and helps maintain a style. My ends get very tangled. I do have split ends and I also recently found that some of my ends are still relaxed. I thought I chopped it all off! :ohwell: So the relaxed ends are tangling with the natural and I am getting breakage, knots and it just feels so gross when I wash it. But the idea of cutting an inch of my hair just makes me cringe. Because this means I will have to press my hair first. UGH! I believe in trimming once a year. I am waiting for December but I don't think I can wait that long, plus I am trying to grow to APL by December. My sister stretched my hair last month and it seems I am already there. I have not flat ironed or used any heat since Feb '07.

How much hair did you chop off and how much grew back in how much time? I think your Fotki said 2 months.

HELP! :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :look: :look: :look: :spinning: :spinning: :drunk: :drunk: :wallbash:

I found that trimming the ends make the hair easier to comb and helps maintain a style. My ends get very tangled. I do have split ends and I also recently found that some of my ends are still relaxed. I thought I chopped it all off! :ohwell: So the relaxed ends are tangling with the natural and I am getting breakage, knots and it just feels so gross when I wash it. But the idea of cutting an inch of my hair just makes me cringe. Because this means I will have to press my hair first. UGH! I believe in trimming once a year. I am waiting for December but I don't think I can wait that long, plus I am trying to grow to APL by December. My sister stretched my hair last month and it seems I am already there. I have not flat ironed or used any heat since Feb '07.

How much hair did you chop off and how much grew back in how much time? I think your Fotki said 2 months.

HELP! :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :look: :look: :look: :spinning: :spinning: :drunk: :drunk: :wallbash:

Looks like you might just have to go on and get those ends off!

Two months? girl I wish it had been that fast it was more like 4-6 months. I would have to go back and look at the dates, but I know it wasnt two months! I wish! haha

oh and it was at least four inches or more! I ALSO did my hair while natural , I mean I trimmed it that way without straightening it

Hello fellow fine hair sista' :grin:

I totally agree! I BC'ed recently, and I cannot recall my hair looking or feeling thicker or healthier. I am IN LOVE with my hair right now :lick:

Finally someone post something good about scissors. I keep telling people that it doesn't make sense to hold on to dry raggedy ends. Just cut off all the damage and start fresh and new. I'd rather have short healthy looking hair then long damaged looking hair.

As for me, I use to be scared to cut my ends. But when I did and felt and seen how good my hair looked, I was hooked. But now I think I'm a bit too in love with cutting my hair. Therefore I'm going on a no trim challege for a few months, most likely until the end of summer.

I let the scissors go three years ago. We parted ways. The scissors wanted to be friends...but it was just too emotional for me. I said I needed time. It's been three years. Perhaps in another year or two, I will be ready to see scissors again. For now, I think it's best that we keep our distance.

:)

I let the scissors go three years ago. We parted ways. The scissors wanted to be friends...but it was just too emotional for me. I said I needed time. It's been three years. Perhaps in another year or two, I will be ready to see scissors again. For now, I think it's best that we keep our distance.

your an exeption to this rule because you big chopped and havent done anything since to cause a need to cut or trim! so your excused!

:grin:

Finally someone post something good about scissors. I keep telling people that it doesn't make sense to hold on to dry raggedy ends. Just cut off all the damage and start fresh and new. I'd rather have short healthy looking hair then long damaged looking hair.

As for me, I use to be scared to cut my ends. But when I did and felt and seen how good my hair looked, I was hooked. But now I think I'm a bit too in love with cutting my hair. Therefore I'm going on a no trim challege for a few months, most likely until the end of summer.

ITA. I don't like raggedy ends on me..

I'm right there with you, but it's only been a year. I finally found them when I was cleaning out a closet - but I don't think I'll have any need for them for at least another year or two (assuming I don't use heat in that period).
I know, that for me, if I start applying heat, me & the scissors are going to have to become TIGHT friends. *sigh* Yet another reason to not go there....

Well..I just liberated myself from ruff ends which were causing my hair to tangle all the way up the hair shaft.

I chopped off over an inch and I can now run my fingers through my hair w/no resistance.

I have a great appreciation for scissors. :yep:

Well..I just liberated myself from ruff ends which were causing my hair to tangle all the way up the hair shaft.

I chopped off over an inch and I can now run my fingers through my hair w/no resistance.

I have a great appreciation for scissors. :yep:

I know that feels great!!!!

Back