***The Relaxed Ponytail Thread!***

bebezazueta The hair in your siggy pic :love: That is how I hope my hair ends up one day :yep:

baddison Your hair looks great in your new siggy pic. It has thickened up alot :lick: Your reggy is obviously on point

crazytrish75 - Thanks! I notice with each stretch that my hair alternates between length and thickness. This time around I got some good thickness. Perhaps with my next 20-week stretch, I'll see some length. :yep::yep:

this was from 4/16/13
ponytails look so good but its too much breakage :nono:

Attachments

• IMG_20130416_193848.jpg
    IMG_20130416_193848.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20130416_194020.jpg
    IMG_20130416_194020.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 205
ScorpioLove that's a nice thick pony you have! I found that when I moisturize my wet hair, let airdry partially & then manipulate to do a pony, it minimizes breakage a lot.

Here's my braided pony. I can wear this everyday. And yes my niece's barrette is at the ends. Those little rubber bands were causing breakage.

Attachments

• image-3923327890.jpg
    image-3923327890.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 237
Hi Ladies :)

@bebezazueta

I love your pony braid( I cannot wait for one this luscious :lick:) and notices that your nape is so smooth, I am wondering are you texlaxed or relaxed straight?

Thanks in advance :drunk:

Hi Ladies :)

@bebezazueta

I love your pony braid( I cannot wait for one this luscious :lick:) and notices that your nape is so smooth, I am wondering are you texlaxed or relaxed straight?

Thanks in advance :drunk:

Hey lady! Thanks! I actually relax my nape last so it gets 5-7 minutes processing time. However it is the finest section on my head and fragile. The rest of my hair is coarse. I relax straight but not bone straight. Hope this helps!

It's too hot in Louisiana to wear my hair down. So ponytail it is. Here's my flexi rod set on air dried hair pony. I only used 3 rods. Moisturized with ORS olive oil moisturizer & sealed with coconut oil.

Attachments

• image-3823459764.jpg
    image-3823459764.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 187
I can't wait until my relaxed hair is finally at a length for ponies!!! I'm currently just at APL. Once I hit BSB or longer, I will rock ponies. Until then, buns and wraps it is.

Throwing all types of shade at you long haired ladies with your FAUX ponytails......yeah straight hating!!!

Jk. Beautiful hair ladies

My pony....

JQB7k.gif

So I'm not exactly relaxed but the last 6-7 inches of my hair is. Can I still participate? Yes? Ok...thanks. lol

I LOVE ponytails..banana clip ponytails to be exact. They are my staple style once my hair gets old or I get tired of wearing it down. I prefer them to buns.

First picture:
Banana clip ponytail done on old straight hair. The slight curl is the result of setting it in 1 bantu knot the night before.

2nd picture:
Banana clip ponytail done on old roller set hair. The curls are the result of setting it in 2 bantu knots the night before.

Last edited:
After two years, I finally have the ponytail I have been trying to reach. Of course, I want more, but this has been a major goal of mine: a pony tail that's looks like I have HAIR and not just hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2359541002.jpg
    image-2359541002.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 155
beauti

LOL! I kinda overdid it with the oil the night before :lachen:

bebezazueta

I could say the same thing about you being WL :thud:. I definitely need that in my hair life lol

Saludable84

Wait?! Aren't you the chick below MBL with the APL pony?

So technically, I need to be the one not talkin' to you lol *STOMPS OFF*

beauti

LOL! I kinda overdid it with the oil the night before :lachen:

bebezazueta

I could say the same thing about you being WL :thud:. I definitely need that in my hair life lol

Saludable84

Wait?! Aren't you the chick below MBL with the APL pony?

So technically, I need to be the one not talkin' to you lol *STOMPS OFF*

your hair is always shiny and delicious looking! :yep: I need your straightening regimen, products and all missy!

beauti LOL! I kinda overdid it with the oil the night before :lachen: bebezazueta I could say the same thing about you being WL :thud:. I definitely need that in my hair life lol Saludable84 Wait?! Aren't you the chick below MBL with the APL pony? So technically, I need to be the one not talkin' to you lol *STOMPS OFF*

Yo, girl.... You made me go put a ponytail in my hair real quick. I had to slap myself. I was like "ohhhhh..... Ummmmmm..... Reality check....."

Were talking again #reallyactslikenothinghappened

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@Saludable84

I'mma need for you to start claiming these hair triumphs. I can see you at WL talking about your still MBL just with really long V :lachen:.

@Babygrowth and beauti

My Straightening Rundown:

Prepoo w/ Hempseed and Coconut Oil (Hairveda Vatika Frosting)

Shampoo with Silk Dreams Go Moist (HG Poo)

Reconstructive Treatment (w/ a Keratin based product, most of the time MilCreek Botanicals Keratin Conditioner)

DC w/ steam using Aubrey Organics White Camellia (HG Conditioner)

Detangle using Tresseme Smooth and Silky Conditioner (Going to try Joico Smooth Cure Conditioner in the future)

ACV Rinse (Apply and don't rinse it out....I'm normal to high po)

Leave Ins: Inphenom Hair Mist, Its A 10 Leave In, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Blow Dry after banding overnight (My hair is usually 70-80% dry by the time I blow dry)

Flat Iron using Chi Silk Keratin Infusion using my Babyliss Pro Titanium Flat Iron or Sedu Pro on 35/40 (it goes up to 50, which is 450...so :look: you do the math lol)

Curl using my Sedu Rvolution on 370

Pin curl at night to maintain.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back