The "puff"

isawstars

Is the puff a protective style?

I've been sporting it the last 2 days with my air dried texlaxed hair. My hair isn't long enough to bun, so normally I clip my hair up which semi-hides my ends... but i'm liking the puff although it doesn't hide my ends. Is hiding my ends more important during cold months?

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken but as long as your ends don't touch your clothes it's a protective style.

I try to keep my ends moist and tucked in a bun when it's cold, I think it's better for them.

I think if you're looking to be "fully protective", hiding the ends is important at any time of the year. I think the only way short hair can be fully protected is if your own puff is baggied under a phony puff or if your hair is cornrowed so that the ends of most of it are tucked away.

When I wore puffs I found that my ends were dryer and more brittle. I think it can be drying so it's best to tuck those ends in sometimes.

I've been "puffing" my hair almost daily for the past 3 months and have no problem with my hair growing. I make sure that I sleep with my satin pillow case at night, and in the AM I moisturize it.

For me, a puff is not a protective style. Between my ends being the most exposed to wind and sun, they were also free to tangle with each other, which meant my detangling process was more involved and took more manipulation.

I also had color in my hair at that time, so that reallllly didn't help matters, at all.

My hair does not "puff" well.... and besides, I don't want to detangle all that.
I wear FAKES. No one knows. They always think it is my hair.
:)

My hair does not "puff" well.... and besides, I don't want to detangle all that.
I wear FAKES. No one knows. They always think it is my hair.
:)

Okay, see, I've been thinking about fakes and....... I think I'll start a new thread. :lachen:

(I'm trying to get better at not hijacking folks. ;) )

For me, a puff is not a protective style. Between my ends being the most exposed to wind and sun, they were also free to tangle with each other, which meant my detangling process was more involved and took more manipulation.

I also had color in my hair at that time, so that reallllly didn't help matters, at all.

This is how it is for me, too. :yep: Twists and braids are it for me as far as truly protective styling goes.

Is the puff a protective style?

I've been sporting it the last 2 days with my air dried texlaxed hair. My hair isn't long enough to bun, so normally I clip my hair up which semi-hides my ends... but i'm liking the puff although it doesn't hide my ends. Is hiding my ends more important during cold months?

You can try a sock bun for your buns that way u can protect your ends. That is what I have been doing for this wk :grin:

I saw a baby doll in the store the other day that had hair that looked a lot like my texture. I almost bought up about 3 of them to take home, snatch off their hair and put together my own hair piece. The only thing that stopped me was that two streaks of hot pink in them.

It's so hard to find authentic looking hair pieces around here.

I agree.
You might want to try Pro10 hair.
I have some of the Bohemian Curl... and I have not made the piece yet - But it matches what I have. :)

I saw a baby doll in the store the other day that had hair that looked a lot like my texture. I almost bought up about 3 of them to take home, snatch off their hair and put together my own hair piece. The only thing that stopped me was that two streaks of hot pink in them.

It's so hard to find authentic looking hair pieces around here.

:lachen::lachen:Baby doll murderer

But yeah I don't think it's a fully protective style. Just get a piece of fake hair to wrap around it or something?

Okay, see, I've been thinking about fakes and....... I think I'll start a new thread. :lachen:

(I'm trying to get better at not hijacking folks. ;) )

LOL! I've been thinking about fake puffs too. I'm going to hide this hair all year, that's my new thing! Yeah! I'm going to invest in fake puffs. Do you think it's too late to ask Santa for a VARIETY of puffs?:drunk:

LOL! I've been thinking about fake puffs too. I'm going to hide this hair all year, that's my new thing! Yeah! I'm going to invest in fake puffs. Do you think it's too late to ask Santa for a VARIETY of puffs?:drunk:

Girl, it's never too late til it's 12/25!

Back