The Protein Poll

JenJen2721

I was just kinda curious as to how everyone is "proteining".

Please answer the following questions.

1. When you do protein treatments are they because you already have breakage OR to prevent breakage?

2. What type do you use and how often?

3. Creamy or heavy duty or other?

4. Which brand and type do you find most effective?

5. Are they a regular part of your regimen?

Thanks in advance!
grin.gif

1. When you do protein treatments are they because you already have breakage OR to prevent breakage?

I do them out of habit but ESP. when i have breakage or excessive shedding. My lite protein treatment (Aubrey GPB) is done every week (sometimes 2x) because I love how it leaves my hair feeling and i am somewhat addicted to the smell
perplexed.gif

I use the aphogee treatment every 4-5 weeks.

Sorry, this question confused me so my answer may be kind of fuzzy. My GPB is creamy. My aphogee is watery and HEAVY DUTY.

Aphogee. I tried the emergencee... HATED IT. I also tried K-PAK and for some reason, my hair shedded MORE.

YES! I will not go 5 weeks without giving myself a heavy protein treatment.

I used it mostly to help with shedding...and prevent breakage

Nutruess for extremely damaged hair. It's mint green and makes your scalp tingle. Was using it every time I washed, but cut back to using once a month.

It's in the middle, it's not like lekair, but it's not runny like water either. Good for really getting to your scalp with little combing.

That's the only brand I've ever used. My mom's been using it on my since I was 13 and I just kept using it for the past 13 years

yes. can't live without it. drove to 4 different bss trying to find it when Sally's discontinued it. It's a MUST

I DO THEM TO PREVENT BREAKAGE
I USE NEXXUS KERAPHIX OR ABBA RECOUP RECONSTRUCTOR ONCE A MONTH AND NEXXUS EMERGENCEE THE FIRST WEEK AFTER MY TOUCHUP
KERAPHIX AND ABBA RECOUP ARE BOTH CREME.EMERGENCEE IS MORE HEAVY DUTY AND IS A GEL-LIKE CONSISTENCY
SEE ABOVE
5.Are they a regular part of your regimen?
YES.SEE ABOVE

I do them to prevent breakage before it starts or to stop it in its tracks if its already started

I use Motions CPR its a mild protein treatment and I use it every week

Wouldn't really classify cpr as creamy, its a mix of herbs so I would say somewhat creamy with specks of herbs

Motions cpr and also their silk protein conditioner

Yes

- To help with shedding and prevent breakage.

- Aubrey Organics GPB once a week for an hour or so. Sometimes I will use it as a co wash.

- Creamy

4. Which brand and type do you find most effective? -

- Aubrey Organics GPB is the only kind I have used so far.

- Yep...Started them a month and a half ago...and they are a staple in my regimen now. It cut down my shedding!

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

For prevention.

I alternate weekly between mild and moderate protein (henna, cholesterol, Lustrasilk HPC, Summit Mend, etc.). 1x per month a use a heavy duty protein like GPB, Generic K-Pak and my new favorite Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor.
love.gif
A hair buddy
wave.gif
sent me some DRC-28 and I'm going to try that soon.

I like creamy, heavy duty proteins that don't get hard on my hair. I can really see and feel the difference in my hair after using them. My hair is very fragile. Sometimes just combing it is too much manipulation.
frown.gif
The protein treatments really help.

Thanks for all the responses guys...keep em coming!!!

I used Emergencee last week...it worked wonders on my hair. I'm guessing Emergencee is considered heavy duty though, right?

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:

*To prevent breakage

*Nexxus Keraphix or Joico KPak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor, I've also used the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. I recently purchased GPB, haven't tried it yet though.

*creamy

* I've only used the ones that say they are a Reconstructor on them. I find them very effective in strenghtening and moisturizing my hair. They seem to give my hair "new life".

* Yes, 1 week following a relaxer and then 4 weeks later. So roughly, once a month.

Thanks in advance!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My answers are after each question and they are prefaced with a *.

Great thread!

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:

*To prevent breakage..but they are good to use when I have it also.

*Keraphix every 2 weeks. Evergencee every 6 weeks

*I use both

*I've only tried the ones that I am using now.

*DEFINATELY!

Thanks in advance!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great topic..I've been wondering if it would be okay to use Keraphix weekly..I"ll just see what everyone else is doing!

DSD... back in the day, i used the keraphix once a week. I didn't have any problems. Then i got hooked on the GPB and the rest is history... hey that rhymed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<font color="red"> </font> both. my hair has been shedding a lot lately and i also do them to prevent breakage that relaxers can cause

<font color="red"> </font> aphogee treatment 4 damaged hair(havene't use this yet, just bought it)
aveda deep penetrating hair revitalizer(love this, it stopped the shedding completely)
nexxus keraphix

<font color="red"> </font> the aveda one is quite thick/creamy

<font color="red"> </font> aveda deep penetrating ahir revitalizer

<font color="red"> </font> yes yes yes. i do them a week before a touch up and the week after.

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:

**To prevent breakage or stop breakage.

**I use GPB about once a week. Last Friday, my hairdresser used DRC-28 to help counteract the problem I'm fighting after using Clairol's Textures and Tones haircolor on top of my relaxed hair. Talk about breakage! Since DRC-was used last week, won't be using protein for at least a month.

**GPB is creamy.

**I think Aphogee and the DRC would be more effective for the breakage when you need the heavy guns. For more everyday strengthening, I think GPB is great.

**Oh, yes!
Thanks in advance!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

**You're welcome!
wink.gif

- I do them to keep my hair strong and to prevent breakage.

- I use Motions Oil Moisturizing Silk Protein Conditioner once a week.

- I wouldn't call it creamy...it is very very thick.

- The one I use.

- Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
DSD... back in the day, i used the keraphix once a week. I didn't have any problems. Then i got hooked on the GPB and the rest is history... hey that rhymed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you wre talking to me! THANKS! I'll try it

Back