The Problem With Black Owned Businesses...

Sadly that behaviour may indicate some abuse. Something he has seen or has happened to him. All I can say is ew and I feel for you..just ew.

Last edited:
Wowsa! I'm actually glad you didn't hit him although I know you wanted to. Something tells me that the second you would have laid hands on him, his mom could have flipped on you. Just by her allowing him to act out tells me she isn't very consistent and isn't aware of appropriate behavior....

BUT this isn't a reflection of B.O.B. at all..this was with that particular person and her bad decisions in customer service, appropriate behavior, and child-rearing.

I would have found out if she was the owner/manager and if not, I'd have reported that immediately. By speaking to the manager/owner (if it wasn't her), that would have given you a more accurate idea of how this particular business owner runs her business. But don't apply this unique experience to all B.O.B.s..it's not fair.

Hey guys!!! Thanks for your opinions, I appreciate them all.....

Answer: Honestly, the only indication that she may have been the owner/manager is by overhearing her correct an order from a distributor. I felt it was safe to assume she had 'some' level of authority, by making buying decisions for her inventory.

Yall are funny!! Really, upon walking out of the store my first reaction was to feel sorry for her business. The problem was waaaayyy deeper than just a bad child.

Girl you are better than me, cuz she would have got cussed out, not only was it unprofessional, but she didn't even try to control her child.....you reacted good in my opinion, but I would have let her know how unprofessional this is, how do you except to keep a business going when her child was doing that to a customer? It would have been different if he came up to you and said hi and then walked away....NOOO...some people just don't get it......I don't know, but you did it right....

Some kids really should've been swallowed. I firmly believe that. All jokes aside.

I woulda beat him AND his ignorant mama Madea style and not have thought twice about it.

ETA: I don't find it funny either. I really don't. YOUR NANA??? The most sacred, intimate part of your body?? Hell no.

Last edited:
Some kids really should've been swallowed. I firmly believe that. All jokes aside.

I woulda beat him AND his ignorant mama Madea style and not have thought twice about it.

ETA: I don't find it funny either. I really don't. YOUR NANA??? The most sacred, intimate part of your body?? Hell no.

:look::look::look: DANG.

Ditto. This is a problem with her child rearing skills and not an example of how customers are treated at a Black Owned Business.

I'm glad that you did not elect to hit her child because that could have turned into a police matter.

Wowsa! I'm actually glad you didn't hit him although I know you wanted to. Something tells me that the second you would have laid hands on him, his mom could have flipped on you. Just by her allowing him to act out tells me she isn't very consistent and isn't aware of appropriate behavior....

BUT this isn't a reflection of B.O.B. at all..this was with that particular person and her bad decisions in customer service, appropriate behavior, and child-rearing.

I would have found out if she was the owner/manager and if not, I'd have reported that immediately. By speaking to the manager/owner (if it wasn't her), that would have given you a more accurate idea of how this particular business owner runs her business. But don't apply this unique experience to all B.O.B.s..it's not fair.

The OP asked the little boy politely to stop. She asked again. She said no repeatedly. The mother called the boy over and told him to leave her alone. He proceeded to do it again. Yes, at this point he knows it is wrong, has been told to stop by two different adults and still decides to take it even further.

And the fact that the mother did not properly discipline him indicates it is probably going to be even worse behavior towards women in the future.

I have been around terrible, horrible, bebe kids in my lifetime. . .but I have never heard of a little boy grabbing a GROWN WOMAN between her legs "like he was digging for gold". This an adult. Stranger. He did not do this to another little girl on the playground (not that it'd be that much better). Most 3 y/os I know recognize the difference between boys and girls has something to do with their "private area". They might not know what it IS, but they know it makes them different.

Last edited:
I thought the first part was bad but as I kept reading it got worse...I'm sorry that happened to you. that little boy obviously has a problem....his mother! OMG I went into a BOB BSS one day and the lady behind the counter sat on the phone for ten minutes while I stood there waiting for her to ring me up.

Needless to say, I walked out of the store. She eyed me like I was in the wrong! WTF? How are you ever going to make money that way?

that is crazy. i don't see how someone can be comfortable with someone hitting their child, so i'm shocked that she suggested it.

Oh my word!!! Just know that not ALL B.O.B.s are like this. Judge each one on it's own merits.

This is why I make it a point to go out of my way when it comes to customer service. I just do not want to be lumped in the same category as other's who do not operate accordingly. LOL

I do agree that this is more to do with poor parenting skills than service from a BOB.

Back