The perfect flatiron.. does it exist?

blessed7777

Over the past few months I have tried GHD, Hana Elite, H2PRO 207 series( not the FHI RUNWAY twin) and FHI platform.

I thought the GHD was the perfect iron but I am 5 mths post and plan to go natural so the fixed 370 degree temp is not going to work.

Please help! I give up :(

I'm natural and I used the FHI platform for the results in my siggy. I have also had great results with the Maxiglide. I personally think it's all about technique

I really think there are 2 things one (especially a natural) should look for in a flat iron.

1. Quality Ceramic Plates
2. Temperature gauge for high enough temperatures.

beyond those two things, I think it has a lot to do with technique.

I have the runway and before I learned the technique to straight hair, my flat iron jobs just weren't right. So just having the runway alone was not enough. Technique played a huge part.

I have the original CHI that's like 375F in temp I think? The heaviness of the plates is what gets my hair very straight. Here is a pic from another thread of my hair straightened with my CHI. I had a lot of NG and was 3 months post at the time.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=10144552&postcount=8

I had the Sedu and my roots would not get straight. My hair also felt "off" with the sedu. One I went back to my CHI, my hair thrived again. I think my hair hates tourmaline.

Yes, and I think it's the H2Pro 206 elite. I LOOOOVE mine!

ETA Technique definitely plays a huge role in your results.

Last edited:
Yes, and I think it's the H2Pro 206 elite. I LOOOOVE mine!

ETA Technique definitely plays a huge role in your results.

I agree with both...I used to not do good flat ironing jobs either until I watched patchouli's tutorial and realized that the parts were to thick and wide...technique is a huge part indeed!

I was just coming to say that I dunno about the iron being perfect, I think the technique has to be on point too. People can get lousy results from using so-called "best flat irons" just as they can get great results from using below par flat irons. *shrug*

I think as well (although I'm certainly no authority on flat ironing) it's not something you can do quickly, especially if you have a good amount of length and thickness. My hair isn't long by any means but I used to try spending 30 minutes doing my hair before work, and then I wondered why it didn't look 'done.' :ohwell:

Technique is definitely the key. Im over 12 months post and I used to use my FHI platform on 420 degrees and pass two times. Now I use it on 350- 390 and use the chase method and pass ONLY ONCE and my hair is much straighter. I still want to invest in another iron just because I cant help myself. I want either the FHI EPS or the GHD.

Has anyone used this flat iron?
Sedu Revolution Pro Nano Ceramic Tourmaline 1 Inch Styling Set (NEW Model!)
Could you tell me about it?

I agree with the other ladies who say technique is most important. I've tried CHI, SEDU, Maxiglide, FHI Platform and a bunch of others in between but the one I'm using now is a $25 Babyliss iron and the results are the same as the others. I use dontspeakdefeat's flatiron method (youtube) and they come out perfect every time, one pass. I even press natural hair in one pass with the same iron.

I agree with technique. When I first got my Maxiglide, I hated it. But then I played around with it and eventually learned the best method to straighten my hair.

The same happened with my Sedu iron. So I say practice and technique are key

Has anyone used this flat iron?
Sedu Revolution Pro Nano Ceramic Tourmaline 1 Inch Styling Set (NEW Model!)
Could you tell me about it?

I have the Sedu and I like it. I'm not really good at using it but when someone else uses it on me, it comes out great.

Oh, I have the older model, I'm not sure what the difference is in the newer model.

I'm trying to learn how to use my Maxiglide properly so that I can compare.

I've finally found the perfect flat iron for me.

Joico K-Pak Vapor Iron

I've never had a flat iron make my hair products do a better job until I invested in this gem. It's like the steam helps every thing penetrate and seal all the good stuff in. My hair feels strong and healthy, as well as soft and moisturized. No burnt smell from the high temp either.

I've finally found the perfect flat iron for me.

Joico K-Pak Vapor Iron

I've never had a flat iron make my hair products do a better job until I invested in this gem. It's like the steam helps every thing penetrate and seal all the good stuff in. My hair feels strong and healthy, as well as soft and moisturized. No burnt smell from the high temp either.

Same here!!:grin:

Back