The Official "I Tried Damp 2 Straight" Thread...

Here are my results. I tried it back in October. I used my Wigo Onyx that I hate the results on dry hair, but I love the results it gives me on damp hair. I could never get my roots straight and my hair would revert in 24 hours. When I flat ironed on damp hair my hair didn't revert not one bit! The first two are my results on dry, blow dried hair. The last three are the flat iron results on damp hair.

ETA: Oh and I had a ton of SWING and SHINE! Loved it!

Pretty thick hair Libra!

Looks great!

I didn't use a comb when I did it yesterday either and the results were better the second time than they were the first time I did this.

I shampooed with CPR poo, I did an oil rinse with olive oil, then Dc'd with Lustrasilk Cholesterol and I detangled at this point, then I rinsed some of it out while detangling and repeated that process.

Then I got out put in my foam wrap lotion (proclaim olive oil foam wrap to be exact) and put in my Silk Elements leave in conditioner (which has proven to me to be a great moisturizer!) My hair was still detangled and I had so many curls which was the best looking accidental wash n go I'd ever done :lachen: Anyway I hadnt combed since the conditioner... And finally I layered on my serum, but on a scarf and let the hair hang out the back and walked around all day (in the house) like that.

Then that evening, it was good n damp and I whipped out my ol flat iron and only used the tail of my rat tail comb to part and flat ironed it out adding serum to each piece as I go.

Once I was finished I sprayed with Proclaim Olive oil sheen... Results, silky smooth, moisturized hair.

Great method!

Iam going to try this also maybe in spring. I would like to know do you need a wet to dry flat iron specifically or can a ceramic flat iron do? I have a babyliss ceramic flat iron and was planning on using that.

I did it! and I loved it :love:

I washed and conditioned for 5 minutes with aveda dr. Used Paul mitchell the conditioner as my leave in with a little chi silk infusion.

I used my rusk hyperionic dryer to dry my hair about 90% dry.
I then used my pink solia on 325 to flat iron it out. My hair was extremely silky and had alot of movement. I don't have a problem achieving great movement on dry hair but this just felt different. I got a lot of compliments at school the next day. Extremely please with the final result.

I tried it on my dd.:giggle: What can I say...she's my test doll.:look:

Anyway, it came out BEAUTIFUL. I didn't get close to her roots because of the steam, but the rest of her hair was silky, shiny, and soft. I put it in two ponytails and she kept shaking it.:rolleyes:

I will definitely be doing it next time I straighten my hair.:yep:

Wow, your hair is so pretty. I remember when you did your BC. Simply beautiful.

Do you have to get a special wet to dry flat iron to do this?

Nope. The wet to dry irons are more designed to dry wet hair as you flat iron. You are going to do this on soaking wet hair.

My solia actually says "can be used on wet hair" in the booklet.

Nope. The wet to dry irons are more designed to dry wet hair as you flat iron. You are going to do this on soaking wet hair.

My solia actually says "can be used on wet hair" in the booklet.
I'll take a look at my booklet for my Sedu...Thank you!

i have two burnt spots on my scalp. they hurt. but i know it was my fault -- my hair was REALLY wet in those spots and i didn't clamp and release my roots like i did on the rest of my hair (i was daydreaming).

my hair is just really MOISTURIZED and SOFT -- something i have never been able to accomplish on flat-ironed hair since i went natural. the pic in my avi is actually from last weekend when i did this -- my hair has never laid that flat or moved so well when i have straightened it for length checks in the past.

I finally did it and LOVEEEEE it!!! I sat under the dryer for about 45 mins and then flat ironed. My hair at top was pretty dry but the hair underneath was too wet for my liking. I flat ironed anyway since I didn't want to go outside with a bush LOL. I only used a little heat protectant. My hair feels so light and feathery. I can't keep my hands off it. Next time I will probably let it air dry.

Okay, I totally don't understand this. You are flat ironing while the hair is still damp?? What are the benefits/risks? This is very intersting to say the least - but that is why I love this board!!

Okay, I totally don't understand this. You are flat ironing while the hair is still damp?? What are the benefits/risks? This is very intersting to say the least - but that is why I love this board!!

Well, from what I can tell, flat ironing damp hair seals in the moisture. Most people (myself included) experienced shinier, smoother, softer hair from this method. A lot of them have even got relaxer-straight results.

The risks are the same with any direct heat. If you are using a regular flat-iron (as opposed to a wet 2 dry one), you will have to be careful not to burn your scalp.

Bumping.

Old thread but I am sort or curious about trying this.

I would probably need to try this on hair that is 80% dried or maybe 90% and on a setting that is not too hot.

I've tried this but I use a piece of foil on the flat iron. I read a long scientific explanation awhile ago about why this was better something about the foil helping to conduct the heat. Maybe one of the resident lhcf scientists can chime in about that part lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

I've tried this but I use a piece of foil on the flat iron. I read a long scientific explanation awhile ago about why this was better something about the foil helping to conduct the heat. Maybe one of the resident lhcf scientists can chime in about that part lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

Interesting. I never heard this before. Maybe it helps to protect the hair, I know when you put aluminum foil in the oven it doesn't really get hot.

The only thing I've heard about foil on the flat iron is for a deep penetrating DC. There is a Sebastion treatment that you use this method. The flat iron is on a low temp, foil around the plates, hair is saturated with DC, then flat iron in small sections. Let DC sit after flat ironing, then rinse.

I had this done years ago, and my hair was so moisturized! Amazing.

Back