The more time spent in here, the more you get?

Guapa1

The more time spent in here, the more length you get?

I've been a member of this board forever, and for the most part, I just lurk. For the past few months I hardly come into the hair section and spend lots of time in the off topic, entertainment and cooking section. I haven't been looking after my hair too well either.

Now the other day I was looking through some of the album I have in my friends section and I got inspired looking at other people progress and decided to start looking after my hair again. Since then I've found myself right back in the hair section, taking notes of tips, commenting on threads (I am trying to stop being a lurker lol) and updated my album with hair pics (I've only updated with outfits of clothes and parties for months lol)

Do you think the support in here helps you look after your hair and achieve more growth, or can you leave the board alone and do it yourself?

Last edited:
Guapa1 said:
I've been a member of this board forever, and for the most part, I just lurk. For the past few months I hardly come into the hair section and spend lots of time in the off topic, entertainment and cooking section. I haven't been looking after my hair too well either.

Now the other day I was looking through some of the album I have in my friends section and I got inspired looking at other people progress and decided to start looking after my hair again. Since then I've found myself right back in the hair section, taking notes of tips, commenting on threads (I am trying to stop being a lurker lol) and updated my album with hair pics (I've only updated with outfits of clothes and parties for months lol)

Do you think the support in here helps you look after your hair and achieve more growth, or can you leave the board alone and do it yourself?

Welcome back out of lurk mode!!! The support in here is priceless. It definately helps me to want to get my hair in top peak condition and I have achieved more growth because of it.

I think it helps keep me on track and find answers to problems I may have or offer solutions to problems others may be having. It keeps me goal oriented because when you not focused on your goal you can easily get sidetracked. It's kind of like exercising. It's easier to exercise with a friend than alone.

Guapa1 said:

I have only been a member for about a month, but it has helped me tremendously. The tips, reviews, testimonials, challenges are all good. Challenges are motivating and keep me focused, especially as a newbie.

Besides, who can you talk to this much about hair without them thinking you are wacko! :lol:

Royal Glory said:
I have only been a member for about a month, but it has helped me tremendously. The tips, reviews, testimonials, challenges are all good. Challenges are motivating and keep me focused, especially as a newbie.

Besides, who can you talk to this much about hair without them thinking you are wacko! :lol:

I totally agree:lol: :lol:

I think this web site is excellent...I've totally turned my nines year olds hair around in six weeks, because of the info here!!!!:) :)
Thanks ladies;)

Even though I know pretty much what works for me. I still visit here everyday because I am addicted to it and love hearing the success stories, new things and tips out mentioned.

Royal Glory said:

Same here. If I talk about my hair and my care of my hair, people will think I am crazy. At least here I am around people who feel the same about hair and it gives me motivation to continue really taking care of my hair

SUPPORT!!! Just like with anything....like if you are trying to lose weight and you have a friend to workout with, you are more inclined to stick to your routine...alchoholics anonymous (sp?) need each others support etc....

When i visit the board often I too find that I take better care of my hair....

Re: The more time spent in here, the more length you get?

Guapa1 said:

Yes, I think the support of the members on here will help with achieving more growth because the ladies (myself included) are involved in good challenges that actually allow your hair to grow beautifully and also if you have a problem or a question about a product you can run to your computer and ask the ladies a question and they will answer your questions not to mention different views and opinions on what they think on the subject so you're getting the pros and cons of your hair situation. I also believe that if you are determined to grow your hair and keep it healthy you will incorporate what you learned from here and take it with you BUT honestly I think I have learned alot from this board and could do it by myself BUT I'm not going anywhere...There's 2 much to learn here and too much motivation MOST of the ladies in the real world do not know anything about protein treatments, the right hair vitamins, co washes, etc...This site is truly the best:)

When I first discovered the hairboards, I welcomed the support and information from the ladies here to learn how to care for my hair, since I knew nothing about it and it was a lot of fun. I've learned more here than I've ever learned in life about my hair and I can see the results each day.

I know I can also choose to leave the board alone at any time and continue to do very well with my hair. For me, I love finding pearls of wisdom here and there that I can apply towards my haircare and share with others.

Back