The LHCF Beauty Supply Store

alwayzalady22

so my friend and i are in the very early stages of planning to open a BSS. :look:

i think we lhcf ladies know the importance of product selection along with technique, so we were thinking of opening a BSS that carries a variety of products that are great for ethnic hair.

we want to stock lots of natural carrier oils, essential oils, butters, shampoos and conditioners (like HE) that aren't traditionally marketed to black consumers, relaxers, growth aids (OCT/MT, , moisturizers, combs, brushes, all the essentials that every BSS should have. i was thinking of maybe having a section devoted to dominican products, and a very special section of hair products formulated and sold by black women (like shescentit, BT, candy c's line, etc.).

we really want to keep the 100% craptastic products (like pink oil moisturizer :nono:) out of the store, but we know that since so many black women use products that don't do much for our hair, we're going to probably have to at least stock them just to get them in the building... then we'll change their minds once they get inside :look::lachen:

so my question to you ladies is this:

what products/supplies would you see as essential to opening an lhcf-influenced BSS? any and every type of product and idea is sincerely welcomed! :yep:

I would first like to say....ANYONE WHO WILL HAVE A HEART ATTACK OVER THE NAME OF THE STORE PLEASE DO NOT RAIN ON HER PARADE....Stay away..:killlurk:..Black women on the move...:grin:

I love the idea.

Products I would choose:
Nexxuss
Kenra
Redken
Creme of Nature
Neutragena (sp?)
Candy_C's products
SweetCashew's products
Aphogee
Biosilk and Chi
Rusk
Aubrey Organics
Aveda
V05 Conditioners Only

Organic Coconut Oil
Organic Olive Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Dominican Conditioners

I am sure there is more...

Sounds like a wonderful idea!!
Don't forget ayurvedic, natural and organic products.

Ditto. And please don't forget my Nourish & Shine.

Will your products be available for purchase online? Please consider that. That will be a great extension to your business after you've gotten your business successfully running.

yall are good!!!! :yep:

i'm thinking i need to go back to school and get my mba at least before opening the bss, but i'm glad i can have a running list of things lhcf ladies would like to see.

does anybody on here already own a BSS? :look: i'd love to talk to you if you do.....

this is an AWESOME AWESOME idea. big ups to you alwayzalady.

i'd like to see:

accessories for natural hair like the hair zing and flexi 8
ORS products like ors replenishing pak and hair mayonnaise
sta sof fro!!
Organix products
Suave cheapies: theyre never in beauty supply stores

this is an AWESOME AWESOME idea. big ups to you alwayzalady.

i'd like to see:

accessories for natural hair like the hair zing and flexi 8
ORS products like ors replenishing pak and hair mayonnaise
sta sof fro!!
Organix products
Suave cheapies: theyre never in beauty supply stores

i LOVE LOVE LOVE organix conditioners (haven't tried the shampoos yet), so they will definitely have a prominent place in the store. i know a lot of black women think cheapies like suave and herbal essences are "for white people", but i hope just carrying them in the store right along with CON and other "black" products may change some minds :yep:

I love the ideas you have. If there was a BSS near me that sold a wide selection of Dominincan products plus things like Shescentit products I would be in there all the time.

Currently, I have to buy 95% of my products online.

I also like the idea of selling accessories like Hair Zings as well.

I would first like to say....ANYONE WHO WILL HAVE A HEART ATTACK OVER THE NAME OF THE STORE PLEASE DO NOT RAIN ON HER PARADE....Stay away..:killlurk:..Black women on the move...:grin:

I love the idea.

Products I would choose:
Nexxuss
Kenra
Redken
Creme of Nature
Neutragena (sp?)
Candy_C's products
SweetCashew's products
Aphogee
Biosilk and Chi
Rusk
Aubrey Organics
Aveda
V05 Conditioners Only

Organic Coconut Oil
Organic Olive Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Dominican Conditioners

I am sure there is more...

ITA! That's oneof the most sensible statements I've read today.:yep: We (Black women) really need to try to encourage each other, instead of putting each other down. I started a thread yesterday, only to find out that it had been locked early this morning.:sad: That wasn't my intention but I guess there was a disagreement that was starting to get out of hand.

Anyway, sorry for the hi-jack! Best of luck to you, OP!

This is such a great Venture

Grapeseed oil
Avocado Oil
Coconut Oil

It would be nice to see products that usually found exclusively online in a store too. I am always discouraged to buy hair products online

that seems like a great idea another thing to consider would also be the location and props to u gurl cuz i was watching that thing on youtube about black owners taking back the black hair care industry which is like being monopolized by the koreans, so good looking out on that and i think an online extension of the shop would be great too that way it will help expand your market since you will probably be among the bss owners that sell real quality products for ethnic hair my prayers go out to u and best of luck.

Back