The key to rollar setting bangs?

I just had a bang put in the front of my hair, its around cheeklevel and I am trying to work out how to put the rollars in around the front. I want the bang to be swept one side of the face with a side parting as one option, and the other option, is a center parting with the bangs blended into the sides of the rest of the hair.

Any rollar setting style options you can share? Is it just a case of putting one rollar rolled forward at the forehead and that's it?

I'll have to experiment....

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
brownrelaxedhair said:
I just had a bang put in the front of my hair, its around cheeklevel and I am trying to work out how to put the rollars in around the front. I want the bang to be swept one side of the face with a side parting as one option, and the other option, is a center parting with the bangs blended into the sides of the rest of the hair.

Any rollar setting style options you can share? Is it just a case of putting one rollar rolled forward at the forehead and that's it?

I'll have to experiment....

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I own the Bangs! lol

Ive been trying to grow mine out for years(and I'm finally succeeding).

But anyways here's what I do(I like sideswept also)...
I roll my bangs BACK and to the side...not forward...
then when I take my hair down and I wrap my hair... when I unwrap they will 'side sweep' on their own...
If I don't wrap I do the following depending on the scenario...

1. Overnight - take a long silver clip(2-3) and pull the bangs off to the side(and back so they won't be too flat when you wear them down)and clip them to hold them down and tie a scarf around my hhairline covering the clipped bangs.
2. If going out later, put a little Elasta QP Mango butter or a gel(gels dry my hair)on them first then clip them back to the side. Let it set.
3. If I'm under the dryer, I'll unroll my bangs about 10 minutes before I'm totally dry and clip them back to the side, then get back under the dryer.
4. And finally! If I'm really pressed for time(and only when desperate
laugh.gif
I'll flatten them out with a flat iron...

I do all this cause I HATE CURLY BANGS!

There I'm done...
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But anyways here's what I do(I like sideswept also)...
I roll my bangs BACK and to the side...not forward...
then when I take my hair down and I wrap my hair... when I unwrap they will 'side sweep' on their own...
If I don't wrap I do the following depending on the scenario...

[/ QUOTE ]

So I should do a normal rollar set then? with one row going back down the middle of the head but for the sides of the face, do the rollars going back instead of the usual 2 going down the sides of the face toward the ears?

Thanks Sweetcocoa.

I just roll the center front roller(the bang area) back at an angle(almost side ways)... If I roll it under, my bangs come out looking like something from the movie 'Grease'. If I roll them straight back they want to flip up like Farrah Fawcett(old Charlie's Angels). Now you can roll them either way and then trying to flatten them out a little...but if there is the slightest bit of humidity in the air...even if your hair doesn't frizz, your bangs will start to curl in the orginal direction you rolled them...(take my word for it..I've 'cussed' at mine many a day...). But if you roll them side ways then flatten them, they seem to stay down better with out being mashed to your forehead.
Better yet...roll the roller as if you are doing a spiral curl(sideways)...and make sure it's the biggest roller you can get or they will be harder to flatten out.

Thanks sweetcocoa, I'll practise these tips when I do my next rollarset
smile.gif

Actually, I quite like that Farrah Fawcett look
laugh.gif
but with humidity, its another story
mad.gif

Back