The key to long-lasting flat two strand twists?

davisbr88

Hi, ladies:
I am going to be wearing a wig for the next few weeks and decided that I wanted to wear two-strand flat twists under them. I don't mind redoing them but I would prefer to only have to do it like once a week or something. Since I still have relaxed ends, I am unsure what to do to make sure they don't unravel. Which products do you use to make them last, and what do you do to the ends to keep them twisted?

I don't think products matter. Some people don't put product on their hair when they braid or twist. It's all about the technique. If you are worried about the twists unravelling, maybe you should try cornrows.

I don't think products matter. Some people don't put product on their hair when they braid or twist. It's all about the technique. If you are worried about the twists unravelling, maybe you should try cornrows.

Yeah. I think the biggest concern is what to do with the ends that are hanging down so they won't unravel. I thought maybe there was a certain gel or something people used to get them to stay together, especially those with relaxed ends, since my twists don't seem to stay as much at the ends.

Yeah. I think the biggest concern is what to do with the ends that are hanging down so they won't unravel. I thought maybe there was a certain gel or something people used to get them to stay together, especially those with relaxed ends, since my twists don't seem to stay as much at the ends.

Put some small black rubberbands from the beauty supply store on them. Most people don't use gel on twists or braids that are just going to be under a wig. They use those products when they plan to do a twist out. I wouldn't leave gel in my hair that long. It would be hard and crunchy after a week.

Put some small black rubberbands from the beauty supply store on them. Most people don't use gel on twists or braids that are just going to be under a wig. They use those products when they plan to do a twist out. I wouldn't leave gel in my hair that long. It would be hard and crunchy after a week.

That does make sense, but I'm afraid to leave the bands on and get breakage. I'll figure it out. Maybe I can pin it or something

you could bobby pin the twists under to keep them secure or you could careful put the little black elastic band on the ends and cut them off when you are ready to take down the twist so as to not pull your hair.

I wear my flat twists as a style, I'd have to say when I really want them to stay tight I have to add the tiny rubber bands.
If you're afraid of the harshness of the rubber bands just put some oil on them first and they aren't so bad for the hair then (doesn't rip out anything)
HTH

Back