The Joys Of Mixing

Candy_C

I'm sitting here in my very hot office, with a cap and towel on my noggin - i have just heated humecto and wonder 8 oil together in the microwave for 15 seconds and it feels WONDERFUL!

I enjoy doing this at least once a month. 1st of all i did a natural protein/strengthening treatment mixing a mushy avacado with some Evoo and an egg. left it on for 15mins n rinsed with water thoroughly, i then used a ting bit of shampoo to clean my scalp and rinsed again. then i added the humecto and wonder 8 mix....my head is tingling its feel loveeelllyyyyy.

I think mixing stuff together may be the best thing for hair. I mean, i used to use S curl, but it made my hair horrible and dry feeling, yet curly and light - i also used sulfur 8 on my scalp...it felt good on my scalp but too oily on my strands...soooo i mixed them together...it was one of the best moisterisers i ever used when growing out my hair.

Who else enjoys mixing products???

Last edited:
ever since i accidentally discovered this, I love it. I mix everything even my moisturizers. I mix con with evoo, mango butter with vitapointe. Everything. i am a little obsessed with mixing :D

i mix all the conditioners i bought and was not crazy about in a 32oz bottle with a pump that i bought at sallys beauty. and added a nice amount of evoo and it was a great mixture. my hair has never been so soft. that was one way to use all of the conditioners that we acumulate and did not like. i am sure it was the evoo that made them work so well .:)

I had the best hair day today... all from mixing.

1) I rinsed my hair
2) I applied my little curl reviving spray (12 oz. water+1 tablespoon of conditioner+ 1 teaspoon of honey)
3) then applied a mix of V05 Moisture milks conditioner and a little water
4) AND a little of my oil mix (evoo+vitale mo' body oil)

And I had moisturized, soft, but defined curls all day. Plus it smelled good.

I also mix my deep conditioners with honey and oil.

I love mixing conditioners. It's amazing how a little added teaspoon of "this or that" can spice up conditioners. And it's a good way to use up products that don't necessarily work all that great on their own.

Mixing is the best!

I took some root stimulator hair mayo (which made my hair extremely tangly after I used it the first time) and mixed it with aloe vera, olive oil, vitamin e and coconut milk and used again the next time I washed my hair... and it was the best thing I ever used! It made my hair so soft and manageble! (I'm planning to mix some honey in there to take it over the top!

Last edited:
Hey glad to see your all inventive! i think having hair is more fun when you can just play around with stuff once in a while. like your ya own hair docter!

Evoo seems to jazz up everything and allsorts of oils, u cant really go wrong with adding oils to conditioners or moisurizers.

What other things do you all mix together?

I like the idea of mixing other conditioners together, i've never tried it, but i bet Mane n Tail and Keracare Humecto would be a great protein/moisturizing leave in...hmmmmmmmm

Yeah, I'm a mixer......at the moment I have Motions CPR and Le Kair cholesterol in my hair (my hair feels dry as a bone):lol:....Anyway, one time I mixed the Wild growth hair oil with one my hair greases.....I had to throw the thing in the bin the smell was horrid....apart from that episode my mixing adventures have come out ok.

I used to mix Elasta's breakage control serum with my moisturizing deep conditioners to give a little strangthening without drying it out. It's good stuff. :)

Candy_C said:
I'm sitting here in my very hot office, with a cap and towel on my noggin - i have just heated humecto and wonder 8 oil together in the microwave for 15 seconds and it feels WONDERFUL!

At your HOME office right???

tthreat08 said:
At your HOME office right???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I assumed she was at home, but when I read this I got a really funny visual of someone at work with a plastic cap and towel on their head :lol: Co-workers staring... :lachen:

Anyway, I love mixing stuff! It really does help you use up things when there's just a little of this and a little of that left and you need something to do with it all. I like adding coconut oil to stuff. And when I still had some, I liked adding Elasta QP DPR-11 to things. It always added extra moisture to the mix :up:

hahaha yehhhh my home office! lol. that avacado mix was excellent, i haven't lost one piece of hair 2day and i wore it loose (airdyed) to town. it feels and looks very moist and shiney, and i think a good ol' mix was what i needed seen as i'm nearly 10 weeks post relaxer - wanna keep those ends happy! so i f you think ur hair could do with a bit of a natures touch - you cant really go wrong with avacado!

Back