The Internet and Ex's

longhairlover

So normally I use to have to just block certain numbers from my phone.

BUT NOW.......

with the darn internet and my facebook page dudes are finding me left and right, it's starting to get annoying, just tonight another guy found me and added me as a friend, of course I added him to be nosey and to see what he's doing with his life, then there's another guy that found me (we actually ended up friends after we broke up yeeeears ago).

guess that's my fault for dating too many guys in my 20's.

So ladies do you have guys finding you online that you once messed with or were in a relationship with? Is it annoying to you?

What are you thoughts on the net and ex's?

ugh this is precisely why i don't twitter, facebook or myspace

i don't want anyone finding me if i don't want to be found :nono:
i figure there's a reason why we lost touch

i will, however, admit to making a bogus myspace page to look other people up :lol: no pic, fake name, no personal info, and my only friend is tom :look:

Last edited:
I dont want to be found either.

I have an alias that I use on Facebook to browse around but I aint tryin' to connect with no dude who sat next to me in Freshman college english.

@bolded lmao :lachen::lachen::lachen:
I have my facebook set to private and I just don't get how people are still finding me.

if I weren't married and I was still single I probably would've cursed several of these people out, but you know what they are still on the prowl single and alone just like they deserve.

i will, however, admit to making a bogus myspace page to look other people up :lol: no pic, fake name, no personal info, and my only friend is tom :look:

for real, all of my friends besides the one ex I am friends with are people from school, some old co-workers.

@bold :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I dont want to be found either.

I have an alias that I use on Facebook to browse around but I aint tryin' to connect with no dude who sat next to me in Freshman college english.

:lachen:

:look:

I just friend requested the first dude who proposed to me in high school :rolleyes:, so, to say that I'm not irritated by the - reconnections - is a wee bit of an understatement. :lachen:

But then, I'm also quick to reject/block someone I don't wanna fark with. ;)

Last edited:
I have folks finding me by searching my name and found some unwelcome ex and friends I prefer not to associate with. I ignore them.

I've only found one person who was an "ex" of some sort on FB and he didn't seem annoyed at all. Matter of fact I ended up deleting him then he requested another add and I added him =( BUT on the other hand I've had people find me on FB that I didnt even speak to in high school or they didn't speak to me but they want to be friends on FB =/ Then I've had people who I was friends with and use to know but dont know anymore that want to know me again =/ Mayn I think Im going to delete my FB but I like being "nosey" sometimes :sekret:

They would never find me. Not one of them could spell my name correctly first or last, and I'm married now so it's really going to be tough. I would see it mispelled in their phones (one or two letters off ALWAYS) and I wouldn't correct them. The only people who have found me are folks who have seen my name written down on paper (schoolmates).

I prefer to remain anonymous but the new FB privacy settings make it very difficult. Before you could have that no one could search for you to add you as a friend. Now, the only option is "friends of friends" or "everybody" can look you up to add you as a friend. I will probably get off soon...

I prefer to remain anonymous but the new FB privacy settings make it very difficult. Before you could have that no one could search for you to add you as a friend. Now, the only option is "friends of friends" or "everybody" can look you up to add you as a friend. I will probably get off soon...

I was JUST going to say this. I was so pissed when they changed this and I don't know why they did.
Some dude (not an ex) tried to friend me on FB. I told his punk @ss before I wasn't adding anyone else on (that was before they changed their settings). I guess he saw the "Add friend" button and figured he'd try. I pressed the "ignore" button and kept it moving. I hope he says something about it too.

I don't want any exes (except for one) trying to find me on FB. They will get the "ignore" button too. :lachen:

You can block your name from facebook searches and search engines searches. Log into fb click on settings
click on privacy
click manage
click the drop down box for choices (everyone, friends of friends, or friends only)
then
then make sure the box is unclicked for public search engine searches.

I hit reject atleast once a week. :lol: But if FB makes it a pay site no one will find me I refuse to pay 14.00 a month to text with people I can call or email.

I'll take it a step further...there IS definitely a reason we "lost touch."

The internet is a great resource for information. But that's as far as it goes for me. I choose to not be "found" and like my on-line anonymity. a lot. So no, I don't twitter or use facebook.

Last edited:
Some guy sent me a message on FB recently:

"Foxee, I've been looking for you forever! I'm so happy I found you. I apologize for how I left things with you. Please write me back so I can explain. It's important that we talk! I've been carrying this burden for years!"

Don't you know, I couldn't remember who this negro was? :look: :lachen: Like another poster said, I dated a lot in my 20's. It didn't help matters that he didn't add a pic to his profile yet. The name sounded vaguely familiar so I wrote him back and told him that I didn't know who he was, and whatever happened in the past, don't worry about it. He still wanted to talk on the phone. :nono: I blocked him from further contact.

About a week later I finally remembered. He was some guy I met on Black Planet around 2003 and went out with on 2 dates. The way he wrote his message, I thought he was some lost love at first. :lachen:

FB is a trip.

I hate that. That's why I am not on FB and about to hide on myspace. One ex(worst Bf EVER) found me on twitter. No where on there is my name but he found me. I blocked him. I don't want to talk to the past. You're gone. Let me have my gift of that.

I hate that. That's why I am not on FB and about to hide on myspace. One ex(worst Bf EVER) found me on twitter. No where on there is my name but he found me. I blocked him. I don't want to talk to the past. You're gone. Let me have my gift of that.

Amen, Filmatic! Churrchhh!

Back