THE GREATEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVA!!!

SOserious

OMG!!! OMG!!!
I finally bought the curlformers! :grin: It was very last salon kit of 46 curlers... i was kinda scared at first...I am just a roller set reject...me and rollers just don't work!:lachen: Roots are nappy, i sleep crazy and sometimes they come out to crazy! :wallbash:

anywoo, i gave it shot.:look: Used Chi Infra Shampoo and Organic root simulator Olive oil conditioner plus lottabody setting lotion

and GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLL!
:blush:The Curls bounced!!!! Maintained form!!! Shiny!!! ...My head felt clean and light..I got control over my hair!... my reggie is just going to the salon every two weeks flat iron straight sometimes i stretch to every three or four.
<photo removed>

I love it!!! :grin:
I just got off lint! gave up pop and now i have no urge to drink it! I think this curlformers are going to help me give up HEAT!!!

And oh yeah MY BDAY is THIS THURSDAY!!! WOOT!!!:drunk:

Im working on a new reggie and trying to keep it simple. SO far is just
-washing every 2-3 days
-using jean carter solution to put in moisure
-stretch for as long as i can. Last relaxer was 4 months ago.

Lastly, I do need some help!
-When washing my hair i noticed a weird burn smell..i think its from the years of heat..does it go away with time?
-I tried the personal test of figuring out if my hair has too much protein or moisture...I couldn't tell ..the comb went straight thru.
-How much hair are supposed to lose when washing? I had a small ball of my pinkie..a little smaller than it.

Last edited:
Also, forgot to mention PRO and CON of CURLFORMERS

->PRO

-EASY...really really easy process
-Gets hair straight
-Gets roots straight
-Great for getting Curls
-can airdry or takes heat
-comes out easy!

->CON

- not easy to sleep in
- in the beginning may take a long time to put in by yourself
-SUCKS if you run out of rollers!( this happened to me the first time)
-Not cheap
-only sold in sally's

YAAAAAAAY!!!!!...Good job!!!!!...feels good when you actually find a style you can do yourself and like it!

You are so cute :lol: I think I'm going to break down and get some curlformers one of these days. Your hair looks nice.

Your hair looks great!
Another 'con' with curlformers are they are not long enough for people with long hair. My sister's was bsl and we always had to add another curlformer to the ends (it was very hard to do) or just a regular roller.

I'm not sure, maybe it's different for everybody but I don't think you should lose any hair when you wash it, with the exception of maybe a few strands. I comb conditioner thru with a wide tooth comb, and I don't lose any hair.

Your hair looks great!
Another 'con' with curlformers are they are not long enough for people with long hair. My sister's was bsl and we always had to add another curlformer to the ends (it was very hard to do) or just a regular roller.

I'm not sure, maybe it's different for everybody but I don't think you should lose any hair when you wash it, with the exception of maybe a few strands. I comb conditioner thru with a wide tooth comb, and I don't lose any hair.
Thanks!
Alot of my hair was sticking out, I added another curlformer at the end and it worked!
Have you tried the extra long curlformers? They have a kit now

I will have to try again washing, i gotta invest in one of those shower combs...

Very cute: the hair, you and your post. :grin:

You lose 100 hairs a day on average from natural shedding from the normal growth cycle so losing hair when you wash seems pretty normal to me, especially if there's combing involved and your loss seems so minimal--not even worth writing home about.

Very cute: the hair, you and your post. :grin:

You lose 100 hairs a day on average from natural shedding from the normal growth cycle so losing hair when you wash seems pretty normal to me, especially if there's combing involved and your loss seems so minimal--not even worth writing home about.

Thankies!

I was starting to worry! no need to worry now!:drunk:

SOserious-

your curls look adorable! continued success with your hair journey... and, happy up coming b-day aries ram :birthday2...my b-day will be on wednesday but i tend to celebrate the whole month:yep:...enjoy yours!!!

SOserious-

your curls look adorable! continued success with your hair journey... and, happy up coming b-day aries ram :birthday2...my b-day will be on wednesday but i tend to celebrate the whole month:yep:...enjoy yours!!!

Thanks hun! happy birthday to you too!
Good idea i should try that!

Early happy Birthday wishes and you did a great job! Glad you found something that works for you! I almost bought the caruso steamer from Sally's but I found I had a steam curler set tucked up in my closet, Curlcare by Conair. I will try it out after one of my washes one of these days.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I may have to invest in these. How long is your hair? Just wondering how much shrinkage I would get.

Your hair is very cute!

Early happy Birthday wishes and you did a great job! Glad you found something that works for you! I almost bought the caruso steamer from Sally's but I found I had a steam curler set tucked up in my closet, Curlcare by Conair. I will try it out after one of my washes one of these days.

gotta bring it sooner or later

Hmmm...I may have to invest in these. How long is your hair? Just wondering how much shrinkage I would get.

Your hair is very cute!

My hair is a about same as yours maybe alittle longer! Im sure you would be great in the long rollers, you dont need extra long yet:yep:

I bought that kit, too. Not only did i run out of rollers, but the short ones didn't even fit my bangs :cry:

My first time around i didn't plan out how i was going to put them in and i ended up running out too! I took some out and redid them in order to make them all fit! :look: But! i learned my lesson and bought another pack!

Back