The Good, The Bad, The Ugly of lace front wigs/Beyonce's Wig

hottopic

I wanted to get one, but the more I read the more, I am rethinking my decision.

Does anyone have an bad experience to share about their lace front?
And good?

beyonce-mask.jpg

Where I got the picture

Intresting read
144933352_00807f562d.jpg

144933351_ac3872eba0.jpg
- see the lines! Wow
Where I got the picture
Bad Lace Front

Last edited:
Every time I watched Tyras show all I could do was look at the line on her forehead. You would think that her sylist would know how to camouflage that thing!

I know this didnt really help but I do know that you should be careful about your edges if you get one. I know some folks shave the baby hairs off which defeats the purpose of wearing one I would think.

Sorry I cant be of more help!

Every time I watched Tyras show all I could do was look at the line on her forehead. You would think that her sylist would know how to camouflage that thing!

I know this didnt really help but I do know that you should be careful about your edges if you get one. I know some folks shave the baby hairs off which defeats the purpose of wearing one I would think.

Sorry I cant be of more help!

Being a makeup artist.....the baby hairs and line you think you see is make-up and she is wearing a wig......This is a old trick that is done to camouflage or make your forehead look smaller.....Now look back at the pic of Tyra

Being a makeup artist.....the baby hairs and line you think you see is make-up and she is wearing a wig......This is a old trick that is done to camouflage or make your forehead look smaller.....Now look back at the pic of Tyra

Wait...so she WANTS it to look like that? :lachen: I never thought of it like that before, and your right - her forhead does look smaller.

Last edited:
wow! This is a very cool site. Thank You for that :)

Does anyone wear lace front?? I hear if you sweat too much it can slip off. Also, if someone was up close to me they will see clearly see I am wearing a wig. And if you make alot of faces, smile too hard or laugh or sing it will curl at the sides just like B.

If u sweat too much it won't fall off but u should use the adhesive that r stronger. I use the tape and everyday summertme sweating was no problem. For workouts I used glue. If the lacefront fits correctly your facial movements won't move it and it won't budge.

Okay :lachen:at the photo of the blonde chick...is that Miss Aguliera???:lachen::lachen:

Lace fronts are cute on most folks...but it just seems like too much "work" for every day wear. :ohwell:

:Flahsssss:weird: I can't believe that fool left the house like that. Lmao...Just plain BUSTED. :lachen:

I have seen LF up close on a few sisters ( many come to the Hairclub luncheon that a friend and I have) - They LF's look really good becaseu they have perfected the art of application.

That is the important part.
I have not tried it - becaeu i don't want to lose anuy hair on my sides/temples... My hair is very fragile there.

One of my girlfriends bought one and she really wanted me to put it on, and I struggled! Partly because it was hard to line the edges up in the front just right to where I felt good about cutting the lace (because once it's cut, that's it) and the back was hard as hell!! I couldn't get the damn thing low enough to not put glue in the hair!!!! it was very frustrating and it took us like 50 million years to do it right. So, that's my lace-front story.

Hey MsFallon!!

I would say that the only thing I hated about wearing a lacefront was the time it took to apply it & maintain my own hair. This would take up my Friday night and SaturDAY w/o fail. Oh & it's extemely hot in the summer months, but keep in mind I'm in Texas.

mine flew off in front of a full house while I was playing tennis on my nintendo wii:blush::lachen::lachen::lachen: it was my fault anyway, I didnt apply it, just plonked it on cuz I was going next door.

Lf's are great for growing hair...I take mine off everyday to do my co wash and Im so skilled with my app it takes me all of 5 mins to do. :)

mine flew off in front of a full house while I was playing tennis on my nintendo wii:blush::lachen::lachen::lachen: it was my fault anyway, I didnt apply it, just plonked it on cuz I was going next door.

Lf's are great for growing hair...I take mine off everyday to do my co wash and Im so skilled with my app it takes me all of 5 mins to do. :)

This is funny. So you don't have to glue it on everytime? And do you have to shave your baby hair in the front?

Okay :lachen:at the photo of the blonde chick...is that Miss Aguliera???:lachen::lachen:

Lace fronts are cute on most folks...but it just seems like too much "work" for every day wear. :ohwell:

:Flahsssss:weird: I can't believe that fool left the house like that. Lmao...Just plain BUSTED. :lachen:

Yeah that was Ms. A. I could not stop laughing myself.

This is funny. So you don't have to glue it on everytime? And do you have to shave your baby hair in the front?

No you dont...you can secure it with bobby pins if glue is too much of a bother or use tape. I dont shave my baby hairs either, I just place it in front of my hairline. It only came off because I was literally jumping and flying around playing tennis on the wii and I didnt use any pins or anything to hold it down
:lachen:

Back