The Good and Not-So-Good Of A Product

newsgrl

Hello Ladies. I am wondering if you all have ever had an experience with a product that does wonders for your hair, but does not agree with your scalp..or vice versa? For example, my hair LOVES Keracare Humecto conditioner. But my scalp gets the "itchies" (not bad, but noticeable) when I use it. (Of course, I use the conditioner on my hair, but some gets on the scalp when I DC.) Has this ever happened to you? And is this a bad thing? How do you combat the problem? I usually don't put anything on my scalp as far as oils (at least not right after I wash it), but should I start doing that to take care of the "itchy" problem?

Infusium Moisturizing Conditioner worked well for my hair, leaving it soft and defining the curls BUT it would build up on my scalp and I'd get a really bad case of flakes :-( I just stopped using it.

Dove Intense Moisture poo/con!

I used to love this. It would make my hair so soft, bouncy, and moisturized. But too moisturized as it would make my hair snap and pop all over the place.

My only suggestion to you would be to stop using it. Honestly, I think there is better things out there than Humecto, or almost everything for that fact.

Honey. My hair loves it.... my skin does not. I itch and break out in tiny fine bumps that last for about two days. Weird thing is I can eat it.... but not wear it lol.

If I condition my hair with raw avocado (with a little coconut oil mixed in), I don't need to add any 'extra products' to moisturize my hair. It's an easy wash and go product for me. Unfortunately, I am violently allergic to avocado and break out in raised welts anywhere the avocado touches my skin.

I tried this twice but after the second time, I looked like somebody had been beating on me, so I don't do it anymore.

Softee coconut oil hair grease- works great on my hair and I loved the smell, but it made my skin breakout on my forehead (mineral oil and petrolatum). I have swithced to shea butter and I have no major complaints.

Herbal Essence Fruit Fusions Hydrating Conditioner (purple bottle) agreed with my hair but would slightly sting my scalp sometimes when I used it for co-washing.

I truly loved ELUCENCE products, the shampoo and conditioners are amazing! I taught they would cut my Pjism, but while to products are great at detangling and moisturizing, they make my scalp and skin itch, give me dry mouth and large white flakes all over! I was disappointed because everything positive is great, but trying to comb out large flakes is not cute.

Elasta QP mango butter. My hair loves it but my scalp feels like it's on fire. And if it touches my skin it burns something fierce.

Back