The girl's hair on Half and Half...

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

The girl\'s hair on Half and Half...

is very pretty. Her name is Dee-Dee on the show and her real name is Essence Atkins. Every show, her hair is full of body and shine. I wonder if she has a relaxer.

Re: The girl\'s hair on Half and Half...

I think she is relaxed b/c she was on an episode of the Cosby Show (the one where Vanessa gets drunk) and her hair was super-curly.

I think it was curly on Smart Guy also. She was in another show too when she was younger (before Smart Guy, can't think of it, and it didn't stay on long) & her hair was curly.

Her hair is beautiful. I also like the other girl's hair and the english girl's hair.

Yeah Essence has really pretty hair. I don't necessarily think it's relaxed though. It's quite possible to achieve her style from a blowout and a flat/iron.

in the essence magazine it sid that shes natural and that she blowdry and flatirons

From another thread:

According to the Feb 2003 issue of Soph. Black Hair, she is natural. The stylist on the show said "it took quite some time to train Essence's naturally tight spirals into the smooth, sleekness character Dee Dee sports onscreen". She said Essence shows up on the set with her hair already shampooed. To comabt heat damage, they apply Aura Elixir Leave-In Conditioner. Then her hair is blow dried with a vent brush. KMS Flat Out is applied and it's straightened with a flat iron or curling iron. She follows up with KMS Flat Out Spray to keep her hair from reverting. Any flyaways and frizzies are touched up with Tigi Bed Head Wax Stick.

I wish I could get a good picture of the haircut. I love her hairstyle.

Her hair looks natural to me...
smile.gif
and I will agree, it always looks GORGEOUS!

I also like Rachel True's hair, but more when she was in The Craft, now her hair looks a bit dry with all of those blondish highlights. I would say that Rachel is a 3C whereas Essence seems to be a 3A/B.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
From another thread:

According to the Feb 2003 issue of Soph. Black Hair, she is natural. The stylist on the show said "it took quite some time to train Essence's naturally tight spirals into the smooth, sleekness character Dee Dee sports onscreen". She said Essence shows up on the set with her hair already shampooed. To comabt heat damage, they apply Aura Elixir Leave-In Conditioner. Then her hair is blow dried with a vent brush. KMS Flat Out is applied and it's straightened with a flat iron or curling iron. She follows up with KMS Flat Out Spray to keep her hair from reverting. Any flyaways and frizzies are touched up with Tigi Bed Head Wax Stick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow,thanks.I was wondering what she used in her hair!!

Back