The first step to hair recovery is admitting you have a problem....

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

I admit, I have been trifling as all get out lately with my hair care...
I have to remind myself to wash my hair CAREFULLY, treat my ends, etc,etc, stuff that used to take no effort at all.
I haven't been deep conditioning, doing hot oil treatments, or nothing lately- I just don't feel like it.
The tripped out thing is my hair has gotten longer and thicker by not caring for it as much:scratchchin:
Any more folks here 'hair depressed?'

Me too girl. I have been slacking up big time since I have went natural back in May of this year. I guess it seems that my hair just loves not to be bothered sometimes and yes it has really grown quite a bit.

If I didnt have my highlights I would be slacking right now...but now that I have them I refuuse to let my hair get dry and split. So Im trying not to be lazy...trying :(

I have been slacking some too. I have not rollerset all summer. Yesterday night was the first time that I have used my bonnett dryer in a long time.

I too have been slacking I have not been conditioning my hair like I am suppose to. I am neglecting mositure. I am only combing my hair once a week. I am so sad.

:cool: PULL YOUR SELVES TOGETHER...TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME... :)
Put yourselves under the spell of lavender sented shampoo light a lavender
candle deep condition and make today be the start to your new hairdays ;)

I too, have been slacking off on my deep conditioning and steaming treatments. Until late last week, I hadn't done one in at least a month.

Hi, I'm Tammie (group respondes: Hi Tammie)
I'm 8wks and 2 days post relaxer and I've been neglecting my hair care.
At first I thought it would be okay, but now, i'm sprialing out of control.
It started out real innocently. I'm too tired. I'll do it tomorrow. I'll just wear my wig. U know, all the excuses you tell yourself when you're being lazy. I havent' combed my hair in 2wks! Now my hubby is lookin at me funny and wondering when i'm going to get help (he keeps hinting at me going to the beauty shop),my poor daughter is too embarrased for me to drop her off at daycare anymore. I have a problem..I need help. My roots are so thick!! When will the madness end!?!?
;)

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I admit, I have been trifling as all get out lately with my hair care...
I have to remind myself to wash my hair CAREFULLY, treat my ends, etc,etc, stuff that used to take no effort at all.
I haven't been deep conditioning, doing hot oil treatments, or nothing lately- I just don't feel like it.
The tripped out thing is my hair has gotten longer and thicker by not caring for it as much:scratchchin:
Any more folks here 'hair depressed?'
Girl, I too have slacked on the deep conditionings lately, but now I'm on the waistlength by 2007 challenge, I HAVE to get back on track!

I've been slacking too....I think when it's summer and hot outside, nobody wants to spend all day dealing with some hair. I know I don't. And with the summer and humidity and warmth, my hair hasn't needed too much...it's been growing and has been good to me this summer. :love:

But come fall & winter, I'm gonna whip :whip: myself back into shape because that's when my hair needs the most babying...

nurseN98 said:
I've been slacking too....I think when it's summer and hot outside, nobody wants to spend all day dealing with some hair. I know I don't. And with the summer and humidity and warmth, my hair hasn't needed too much...it's been growing and has been good to me this summer. :love:

But come fall & winter, I'm gonna whip :whip: myself back into shape because that's when my hair needs the most babying...

Yep :yep: I think that's what it is for me too. Even though I got my relaxer touch up last month, I haven't been caring much for my hair lately. In fact, just this past weekend was only the second time I washed my hair since my relaxer! *gasp* That's not normal for me.

I think I've just been under a lot of stress lately, plus it's so hot these days! I can't wear my hair down (humidity sucks!), and I broke just about every one of my hair clips...so now I don't have any cute hair clips to put in my hair, and so I'm just wearing the same scrunchie in my hair every day. ugghhg... I'm hair depressed. :(

I was barely combing my hair last week! I don't even rollerset my hair anymore. I just air-dry now. :( I'm too tired to go through the hassle of rollersetting my hair right now these days. What's the point?? As soon as I go outside, my hair turns into Frizzy Flora because of the humidity. I've even slacked off on taking my vitamins...I'm just a mess. :nono:

Last edited:
I've been slacking for about 4 months and I mean reallly slacking

Then:
Wash hair once a week
Deep Condition 2 times per month
Protein Condition 2 times per month

Now:
Wash...<gulp> onceevery3weeks....
Deep condition/Protein condition once a month

First I was blaming it on the fact that vacation was coming up in May then after that I blamed it on the hustle and bustle of me moving...etc etc

The crazy thing is....in the last 4 months...my hair has been growing like crazy...go figure....
:)

I've been slacking big time on my deep treatments... just tooo doggone lazy (& hot) to be bothered with 'em. I've been wearing buns 90% of the time, so hopefully I've retained some length.

Back