The Ex and The New Girl

Country gal

How did you feel when you first saw your ex with the new girl? I felt shocked at first. I had to realize she is just the next victim. She thinks she has something and she really has nothing. I knew this day would happen but it is a little unnerving when you find out.

I don't want my ex back.

Last edited:
I'm usually done by the time a man becomes an ex that I really don't care. I take my time to dump men, even those who clearly wanted out [deduced from their behaviour] didn't out rightly tell me so, just started misbehaving such that I have to do the breaking up.
I never wanted to regret a breakup hence I'm sure before I take a walk.
I don't feel anything seeing them with others, I hope they are before behaved and treat those women better, and if they were still messed up, well I didn't care, still don't care about exes.
I have one relationship that I still wonder about, I wish it worked out but he was just too full of himself, and I don't envy his present wife, she might have gotten a better man than he was when I knew him. I wanted him to work out because his family was very welcoming and loving to me, his mother treated me very well and the family was rich, I just had to let the fool go because he was overbearing.

Fueled every insecurity I had.
Depending on how quickly the new girl appears, that thinking could be helpful and true. But sometimes it's a big old lie.

People can change and grow. Simply that relationship wasn't for YOU at that time. If he was a cheater, maybe she's down for an open relationship. I remember an ex saying how unaffectionate I was. That wasn't the case with the next guy I was with :)

I'd rather deal with truth (new girl is great and is a better fit for him), so when I'm over it, I'm really over it! Plus it's like putting something down so you can feel better...it's always temporary.

It wasn't working for me. He just as little as 2 months ago was telling me he wanted to come back. Pop over and looking to see if I had someone else. His momma was telling me I needed to work it out with him. I knew that he was blocking my blessings. I was shocked to see that he actually moved in with someone. It serves as a blessing that he was not the one.

This was the ex before last (some folks seem to think I've only had one man in my whole life...now that really is another story)

Anyway...it was sort of weird in that this was someone he had dated before me and she was very different from me. He started back dating her after we broke up and what I noticed was she was now a lot like me.

For example, she had ditched the weave and had my exact same twists hairstyle...she now had her eyebrows styled like mine (I have very distinct eyebrows)...she no longer wore all the makeup she did before...gone were the fake lashes and heavy foundation. I've run into her a few times and each time she was really dressed down...like I'm always in yoga gear and so was she now. Whereas before she was always dressed to impress.

But most of all she was definitely wearing my damn smile. I'm over it now...and so is she. The last time I saw her we both had a good laugh and she's back to her old self...style wise.

I'm always very happy because then, maybe they'll stop trying to get me back. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work.:nono:

I be like "Hey! How you doing? :grin:". In my head I be singing "freedom!". :lol:

I usually do the breaking up though.

Indifferent. Usually by the time I break up with someone I'm way over them. They never stop calling though, trying to "win me back," new girlfriends and all.

One of my exes married the girl he cheated on me with a few months after I broke up with him and tried to reach out to me saying how I was his one true love, his dream girl and how he was remorseful for ever treating me so bad. Womp womp.

I couldn't care less. If I saw an ex and his new girl, it's like walking past a stranger on the street.

I honestly don't care because by the time I break up with a man I'm so over the relationship. It seems like you still have some feelings for him with the comments such as "his next victim" when you should be wishing him well on his future endeavors. If you are truly over a man, it shouldn't matter what or who he's doing. Wish him well and live yourself a happy life!

I have this one ex who knows I'm crazy and we're still cool.. So if he pops up with a girlfriend I might just literally walk up to them both and say, "y'all just broke up" then walk away with him lol. Now the rest of those ninjas can suck it, none of them would ever let me know if they have a gf because all of them are liars and are trying their best to get back with me.

By the time I have broken up with them they have pissed me off to the point of no return and just the sight of presence of that person disgusts me LOL. So I wouldn't care who my ex is with.

I try to keep my distance from him and the entire family. My skin breaks out when I know I will be around them. Knowing is one thing and seeing is another. I had a moment and now I am over it.

I say victim not to be mean spirited to her. I know the real person not the representative.

I try to keep my distance from him and the entire family. My skin breaks out when I know I will be around them. Knowing is one thing and seeing is another. I had a moment and now I am over it.

I say victim not to be mean spirited to her. I know the real person not the representative.

Why are you still around his family?

I have this one ex who knows I'm crazy and we're still cool.. So if he pops up with a girlfriend I might just literally walk up to them both and say, "y'all just broke up" then walk away with him lol. Now the rest of those ninjas can suck it, none of them would ever let me know if they have a gf because all of them are liars and are trying their best to get back with me.

:lachen::lachen: truly crazy daisy.

How did you feel when you first saw your ex with the new girl? I felt shocked at first. I had to realize she is just the next victim. She thinks she has something and she really has nothing. I knew this day would happen but it is a little unnerving when you find out.

I don't want my ex back.

Why was it shocking and unnerving?

When I'm truly over some one, I don't GAF who they are with or what they are doing etc.

whenever i date guys they seem to make it a point to find a rebound gf right away. that still bothers me because i usually dont have any interest in dating again for a year or longer. so i try to accept that guys cant be alone and its ok that im not trying to shack up with the next guy that comes along like they are.

Honestly my ex had an extremely small pecker and the coloring sucked. When I saw her I wondered how she could deal with that lol. I mean he was a great guy, but that thing was tiny. I was already married with a kid before he had a new girlfriend so I didn't feel any type of way .

whenever i date guys they seem to make it a point to find a rebound gf right away. that still bothers me because i usually dont have any interest in dating again for a year or longer. so i try to accept that guys cant be alone and its ok that im not trying to shack up with the next guy that comes along like they are.

This is how I feel. For me I am working out and enjoying life again. I do take breaks from relationships. I date but I take my time. I can be alone.

Last edited:
Why was it shocking and unnerving?

When I'm truly over some one, I don't GAF who they are with or what they are doing etc.

It was shocking because he was still trying to get back with me. He was recruiting his mom in his efforts. I was glad I stayed firm with my decision. He was still doing popovers trying to look up at my bedroom window to see if someone was peeking out the blinds.

My ex cheated on me with the new chick so I felt some kinda way when I saw pics on social media. So I deleted him and some of his fam. Him and the girl are no longer together and of course he tried to come crawling back but I had already moved on and married DH soon after. Me and my ex were together for 6 years but I never went back when I found out about him cheating. If he wanted that batch he could have her.

I was actually happy for him bc he was an ok guy, he just wasn't for me PLUS I'm in a happy relationship myself with someone for me.

It wasn't working for me. He just as little as 2 months ago was telling me he wanted to come back. Pop over and looking to see if I had someone else. His momma was telling me I needed to work it out with him. I knew that he was blocking my blessings. I was shocked to see that he actually moved in with someone. It serves as a blessing that he was not the one.

Maybe he moved in with her to save money, not because he's serious about her.

Back