The ends of my shedded hair

growingbrown

seems to have a tiny little ball at the other end of the bulb. It kind of looks like a little piece of cotton. When I try to remove it, it does not move. Does anyone know what this is? BTW, I have noticed this for the last couple of months.

Thanks Ladies

Is it the top of the strand? That's from your scalp. It means your hair is shedding from the root and that it's not breakage. Breakage is smaller pieces without the bulb.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Is it the top of the strand? That's from your scalp. It means your hair is shedding from the root and that it's not breakage. Breakage is smaller pieces without the bulb.

No, its the other end. When I rub my fingers over it I can not feel it but I can see it barely. It is smaller than the bulb.

I think I read in one of the other posts today (sorry, can't remember which one -- maybe the shedding sticky?) that it could be heat damage.

I've never heard of this. Maybe it's bubble hair
a015.gif

growingbrown said:
No, its the other end. When I rub my fingers over it I can not feel it but I can see it barely. It is smaller than the bulb.

So are you saying that you have the bulb at one end and this white "ball" at the other of your shedded hair?

Royal Glory said:
So are you saying that you have the bulb at one end and this white "ball" at the other of your shedded hair?

EXACTLY
What is this? I use heat maybe 2x a month, blowdrying and sometimes flat ironing.

growingbrown said:
EXACTLY
What is this? I use heat maybe 2x a month, blowdrying and sometimes flat ironing.

Hummm. I don't know. Do you think it could be the beginning a very small split end?

I would like to know what this is from myself. I use to have that problem myself and I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. I ended up cutting about 2in off my hair and I stopped using heat and that seemed to help. :perplexed Maybe it was heat damage:confused: :confused:

HTH

Back